Wade McCree Incentive Scholarship
Detroit Public Schools (DPS) high schools select the recipients of Wade McCree Incentive Scholarships. Financial need is not a criterion. The Wade McCree Incentive Scholarship provides tuition for 32 credits for four years (eight semesters maximum).
- Upon graduation from high school, you must possess a cumulative 3.0 GPA.
- Eligible students must attain a composite minimum score of 21 on the ACT.
To retain your award
- You must attend full time and complete a minimum of 12 credits each fall and winter semester
- The remaining portion of the annual 32 credit hours of tuition can be used in the spring/summer semester.
- At the end of the spring/summer semester of every year, the unused portion of the 32 credit hours of tuition reverts to Wayne State University.
You are strongly encouraged to complete 16 credits each semester to ensure degree completion at the end of eight semesters.
Academic progress requirement
The academic progress of Wade McCree Scholars is reviewed at the close of each winter semester. If the following conditions occur, the Wade McCree Incentive Scholarship will be discontinued the following fall semester:
- Your cumulative GPA drops below 2.5
- You do not complete 12 credits each fall and winter semester
- You receive all “X” grades for a semester
- You withdraw from all classes without authorization in a given semester
Questions? Contact us at 313-577-2100 or firstname.lastname@example.org.