Timothy W. Spannaus PhD (aj7421)
Dr. Spannaus teaches interactive technologies classes. He is also director of the Certificate in College and University Teaching.
- PhD, Instructional Technology, Wayne State University
- MS, Radio-TV, University of Illinois at Urbana
- BS, Radio-TV, University of Illinois at Urbana
Message Design, Design and Development of e-learning, Digital Games for Learning, Multimedia for Learning, Digital Video, Learning Management Systems, Project Management, Scholarship of Teaching and Learning.
Spring-Summer: By appointment
- Multimedia design and development
- Teaching in higher education
- Learning Management Systems
- Background, Issues and Trends in LDT
- Internship and Practicum
Tim returned to WSU in 2001 after twenty years in business. He has been president of two professional associations, the Association for Development of Computer-based Instructional Systems and the International Board of Standards for Training, Performance and Instruction.
e-Learning/Online learning, instructional design and development, competency development, project management, scholarship of teaching and learning.
Online learning, multimedia, teaching and learning.
- Southeast Michigan Red Cross
- Episcopal Diocese of Michigan
Service Award - International Society for Performance Improvement
Graduate Faculty Mentor Award
ibstpi Fellow. International Board of Standards for Training, Performance and Instruction
- Knowledge Capture and Training Development
2008 - 2008
- Professional Development for Science Teachers
2009 - 2009
- Using Competencies for Performance Improvement
*Spannaus, T.W.* 2005 Society of Insurance Trainers and Educators (SITE). Seattle. June
- Instructional Design for Video
*Spannaus, T.W.* & Franetovic, M. 2005 Lilly Conference on College and University Teaching, Miami University, Oxford, OH. November.
- Web Tools for Collaborative Writing
*Spannaus, T.W.* 2005 Lilly Conference on College and University Teaching, Miami University, Oxford, OH. November.
- Competencies for Online and Face-to-Face Instructors
*Spannaus, T.W.* 2006 Society of Insurance Trainers and Educators (SITE). June, Jersey City, NJ.
- Creating Video for Teachers and Trainers
Spannaus, Timothy W. 2012 San Francisco: Pfeiffer
- Jim Huggins
*Spannaus, T.W.* 1998 The ID Casebook: Case Studies in Instructional Design
- Instructional Technology and Training Series
Rothwell, W., Richey, R.C. and *Spannaus, T.W.* Instructional Technology and Training Series
- Iris Daniels
*Spannaus, T.W.* & Jones, T.S. 2013 The ID Casebook: Case Studies in Instructional Design
- Training Manager Competencies: The Standards
Foxon, M., Richey, R.C., Roberts, R. & *Spannaus, T.W.* 2003 Training Manager Competencies: The Standards
- New online learning technologies: New online learner competencies. Really?
De la Teja, I. & *Spannaus, T.W.* 2009 Learners in a changing learning landscape: Reflections from a dialog on new roles and expectations
Return to Search