Be an orientation leader
Orientation Leaders (OLs) are paid ambassadors of Wayne State University who help incoming students navigate our campus during First-Year Student and Transfer Student Orientation programs. OLs are hired in April 2020 and work through April 2021, with most of the time worked during the summer months. OLs lead incoming students through campus, help with class registration, provide general information about campus life and, most importantly, make sure students feel welcomed to our campus.
Students who plan to take classes during the Spring/Summer semester may not be Orientation Leaders unless the course does not conflict with orientation dates and times.
Submit the application by Feb. 21 at 11:59 p.m. Applicants who are eligible to join our team will be asked to a group interview on Feb. 27 or 28. Applicants are chosen based on all-around academic merit, interest in helping others and work ethic.
- Have earned a minimum of 14 credit hours at Wayne State by the end of the winter semester
- Enroll at Wayne State for the 2020-2021 academic year by April 30, 2020
- Have a minimum 3.0 grade-point average for the duration of employment beginning at selection
- Be in good financial and judicial standing with Wayne State University
- Execute the physical demands of the position from extensive walking and standing, to lifting up to 25 lbs. at a time
Please note that due to AccessID authentication, this application will time-out. We recommend saving your responses in a separate program to avoid having to re-write the entire application.
Refer someone to be an Orientation Leader
Do you know a current Wayne State student who would make an outstanding Orientation Leader? Submit this referral form and we'll reach out to them!