Tuition and Fees Appeals Board (TFAB)
When the Registrar's Office denies a request for medical withdrawal or other exception to enrollment policy, students have a second level of appeal through the Tuition and Fee Appeals Board (TFAB).
- The TFAB is the final arbiter of appeals for tuition and related fees.
- Each appeal is reviewed as an individual case, and cancellation of tuition and/or fees is granted only when circumstances warrant.
- The TFAB will consider only those appeals filed within one calendar year of the last day of the academic term in which the challenged fees were assessed.
- The TFAB cannot consider tuition and fee cancellation for courses with "earned" grades (e.g. grades based on poor performance rather than nonattendance due to illness or other extraordinary event).
To appeal to TFAB:
- Contact the Ombuds Office directly at 313-577-3487 or firstname.lastname@example.org for the Tuition and Fee Appeals form, instructions and deadlines.