SEVIS fee reimbursement eligibility
There are two separate SEVIS fee reimbursement processes.
1). Wayne State University SEVIS Fee ($50) Reimbursement
This application is intended for international graduate assistants (i.e. GRAs, GSAs, GTAs) seeking reimbursement of their SEVIS fee payment.
Reimbursements will be authorized after the deadlines (fall, Nov. 1; winter, March 1; spring/summer, July 1) subject to the conditions below.
- Reimbursement will only be authorized if you (not the department) have already paid the SEVIS fee by the deadline.
- The Graduate School will submit the reimbursement request after the deadline.
- If your tuition account balance is zero, the university will issue a payment to you.
- If your tuition account is not zero, the balance on the account will be deducted from your reimbursement payment.
- No retroactive requests will be considered.
2). Federal I-901 SEVIS Fee Reimbursement
- This reimbursement request is for GEOC represented bargaining unit members only.
- Hard copy of this completed form including the I-901 SEVIS fee receipt are to be submitted at the Graduate School, 5057 Woodward Ave, Suite 6303
- Deadline for submission November 1st