Warrior Way Back
Earn your way back to learn at Wayne State University
Warrior Way Back is a process for students to earn their way back into Wayne State University. Warrior Way Back relieves past student balances of former Wayne State University students who did not graduate.
Any interested students can attend an information session on Thursday, June 28, or Monday, July 30, from 4 to 7:30 p.m. in the Welcome Center:
Frequently asked questions:
- Who qualifies for Warrior Way Back?
- Undergraduate students who have been out of Wayne State University for two or more years, did not graduate from Wayne State, and have a past-due balance that prevents them from registering. We have many programs for those who don't have past-due balances, as well as programs to support students who had academic challenges.
- To learn more about these programs, contact the Student Services Center at the Welcome Center by emailing email@example.com. Walk-in appointments are available at the Student Service Center Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- How do I begin the Warrior Way Back Process?
- We encourage any interested students to attend an information session on Thursday, June 28, or Monday, July 30, from 4 to 7:30 p.m. in the Welcome Center.
- You can also contact the Student Service Center at by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Walk-in appointments are available at the Student Service Center Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- I have a balance at an institution other than WSU do I qualify?
- Wayne State University cannot forgive balances owed to other institutions, but it is our hope that other college and universities will follow our lead and do all they can to support students who wish to return to higher education.
- What can I expect from the information session?
- Consultation with student service and financial aid representatives to determine which re-entry program will work best for them. Students can expect to learn what steps they need to take in order to re-enroll in courses at WSU.
- Is there a limit of university debt forgiveness that students will receive?
- Each student will be reviewed individually to assess the amount of university forgiveness they need. Students can set up consultations with student service specialists to identify which process will work for their individual situation.
- How is my balance to WSU forgiven?
- A student's balance with the university is forgiven in thirds. Warrior Way Back students must be enrolled full-time and maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress to remain eligible.
- Example: Student left Wayne State owing a balance of $1,500 in 2013. Student returns to WSU and enrolls in fall 2018 as a full-time student. Student successfully complete the semester. Wayne State forgives $500 of the student's past-due balance. Student enrolls for the next semester. At the end of that successful semester, WSU forgives another $500 of the past-due balance. Student enrolls for the third semester and successfully completes that semester.