Dates and deadlines
File the annual FAFSA
Complete the FAFSA early and submit all documents early, for maximum aid in the coming academic year.
- The 2016-17 aid year includes fall 2016, winter 2017 and spring/summer 2017 semesters.
- You can file the 2016-17 FAFSA, January 1, 2016 thru June 30, 2017.
- The 2017-18 aid year includes fall 2017, winter 2018 and spring/summer 2018 semesters.
- You can file the 2017-18 FAFSA, October 1, 2016 thru June 30, 2018.
- The 2017-18 FAFSA deadline for state aid is March 1, 2017.
- File by December 1 for maximum aid consideration.
- Undergraduates: To be considered for a WSU grant award file the FAFSA by March 31, 2017. Students who file after that date will be considered only for the Federal Pell Grant and Federal Direct Loans.
- Submit all documents by June 30 to ensure your funds are ready for you in the fall.