Other academic options

Paying for school

If you cannot demonstrate that you can achieve Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP), you will not be eligible for federal or institutional aid at Wayne State University.

Consider enrollment at a community college.

  • Many community colleges offer programs in fields with good employment prospects.
  • Research job openings and the training program before you commit your funds.

Consider alternative funding sources to pay for your education.

  • Although you cannot receive federal or institutional aid, you may obtain a private/alternative loan if you have good credit.

Consider working and attending part-time while paying for courses on your own.

Other resources

The Michigan Talent Connect website offers helpful information for finding employment as well as links to Michigan Assistance Programs.

Loan repayment

Visit our student loan repayment page for information about repaying your loans if you do not re-enroll.

Student Support Services

1600 David Adamany Library
1001 Faculty/Administration Building
313-577-3398 552
Student Center Building
1600 David Adamany Library