Financial resources

From financial aid to financial literacy, these resources are all about saving you money.

AcademicWorks My Scholarship Portfolio: View a listing of scholarships available to students through their specific colleges and the Office of Student Financial Aid. The deadline for all private scholarship applications is March 1, 2019 including all additional documents and reference letters that may be requested. Please keep in mind that the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is required to be received by Wayne State prior to March 1, 2019 for any opportunity that requires the student demonstrate "financial need".

CashCourse: CashCourse is your guide to making informed financial choices. Register for a free account to find your assignments and other financial tools and start taking charge of your money.

Detroit Public Library TIP Service: TIP (The Information Place) is a free community information and referral service that helps people find answers to the problems of everyday living. Call or visit the main library (313-481-1400) or any branch of the Detroit Public Library

External Scholarships: Complete a free profile then get matched to scholarships and grants you're qualified for from colleges, universities, organizations, foundations, corporations, government & more.

Wayne Metro's Free Tax Program: Wayne Metro's Free Tax Program offers accessible services throughout Wayne County, with different times and locations. While appointments are encouraged, walk-ins are also accepted. Tax sites offer an array of services including Pay Yourself First, financial coaching, and referral to additional resources including match saving accounts and homeownership education.

WSU McNairs Scholar Program: Academic program for low-income, first-generation doctoral students. Students must be considered low income, first generation college student, and/or a member of a traditionally underrepresented group in higher education (e.g. African American, Hispanic/Latino, American Indian, Alaskan Native, Pacific Islander, or a student with a disability).

WSU Police bike and wheel locks: Club steering wheel locks can be obtained Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., at the WSU Police Department, located at 6050 Cass Avenue at Burroughs (two blocks north of the I-94/Ford Freeway.) There is a limit of two (2) Clubs per person and two (2) locks per person. Because WSUPD is not a retail sales operation, they do not have the equipment for credit, debit or OneCard swipe payments. they can accept cash (exact amount) or a personal check. Club steering wheel locks: $13. Club bicycle locks: $15.

WSU SMART Check: Specialized advising for students considering withdrawal from a course. Completing a SMART Check is mandatory if you are intending to withdraw from a class. However, if you want to know how a course withdrawal might affect you academically and financially, you can complete a SMART Check at any time.

WSU Student Emergency Fund: The Student Emergency Grant offers limited emergency financial assistance to currently enrolled students who are unable to meet immediate, essential expenses because of temporary hardship related to an unexpected situation. The fund is designated to offset short-term financial need and is not intended to replace or supplement financial aid. Awards are not considered loans and do not require repayment.

WSU Warrior Way Back: Warrior Way Back is a process for students to earn their way back into Wayne State University. Warrior Way Back relieves past student balances of former Wayne State University students who did not graduate.

WSU Wayne Access: Wayne State is committed to helping students cover the cost of tuition and fees in combination with federal, state and other institutional aid. As a Wayne Access recipient, you will receive scholarship or grant funding up to the full cost of tuition and standard fees and will not have any out-of-pocket expenses for these costs.

Federal Student Aid:

Federal Pell Grant: Provides need-based grants to low-income undergraduate students. To apply for the Federal Pell Grant, file the FAFSA. The grant is only available to undergraduate students who have not yet earned a bachelor's or professional degree.