Faculty and Staff Engagement Groups
Faculty and staff are the innovators and collaborators who help to advance our university's mission and develop tomorrow's leaders for a global society. When our faculty and staff feel connected, supported, and encouraged, they are better equipped to serve the students with whom they work. Below are our faculty and staff engagement groups who seek to make campus a welcoming and inclusive space for all:
Black Faculty and Staff Association (BFSA)
The WSU Black Faculty & Staff Association aims to create a sense of community by serving as an organized support network to help members navigate the university system while providing a platform to express their thoughts, concerns, needs and contributions to support the overall mission of the institution.
- Co-Chair: Dr. Mark Jackson (firstname.lastname@example.org) | Director, APEX Scholars (Pronouns: he, him, his)
- Co-Chair: Jeneen Conley-Berry (email@example.com) | Procurement Card Coordinator, Business Services (Pronouns: she, her, hers)
- Treasurer: Sheila Primas (firstname.lastname@example.org) | Associate Director, Housing & Student Center (Pronouns: she, her, hers)
- Secretary: Maxine Hudgins (email@example.com) | University Counselor III, TRiO EOC (Pronouns: she, her, hers)
- Follow on Facebook
LatinX Faculty/ Staff Association (LFSA)
Latinx Faculty and Staff Association (LFSA) consists of self-identified Latino/a/x faculty and staff at Wayne State University. Our presence enriches the university because of our contributions and our commitment to the intellectual and community life at Wayne State and the greater Detroit area. The mission of the LatinX Faculty & Staff Association is to build an inclusive community and provide support for Wayne State's Latina/o/x faculty, staff and students across all levels and across the entire campus community.
- Chair: Dr. Leonard Savala (firstname.lastname@example.org) | Director, Office of Multicultural Student Engagement (Pronouns: he, him, his)
- Vice-Chair: Vanessa Reynolds (email@example.com) | Admission Counselor, Undergraduate Admissions (Pronouns: she, her, hers)
Queer Faculty and Staff Organization (QWSU)
The Queer Faculty and Staff Organization (QWSU) aids to create spaces and programming for LGBTQIA+ folks working at Wayne State University by tackling concerns and being a voice for all queer initiatives on campus. All are welcome to attend our events, regardless of identity.