What is it?
Degree Works is a degree audit software that provides Wayne State University with three components to assist advisors and students as they work towards graduation.
- Degree Worksheet - This is a view of a student's academic progress, that allows users to determine which requirements for the degree are met or in progress.
- Academic Plan - This is a semester-by-semester view of a student's academic present and future, mapping out a path to graduation based on classes remaining on the Degree Worksheet.
- Transfer Equivalency Self-Service (Coming in 2017) - Students who have not been admitted to Wayne State University can input their classes completed at their previous institutions and determine which requirements are satisfied by their transfer credit. After the transfer courses are determined, students can review the courses they will need to take at Wayne State University.
Goals for Students
Degree Works will assist students in achieving their goal of graduating on time by:
- Reviewing their progress toward degree completion
- Identifying courses that need to be completed
- Selecting courses that meet your degree requirements
- Planning courses to take in future semesters
- Determining a projected graduation date (in the Plans tab)
- Choosing a new major, minor or concentration (What-If)
Goals for Advisors and Faculty
Degree Works will assist advisors and faculty with their goal to provide students with the most up-to-date and accurate information by:
- Providing a clear outline of missing requirements to help students choose the best courses
- Saving time by using the What-If scenario if a student is interested in a new major
- Creating an Academic Plan to keep students on track for graduation
- Reviewing academic progress and GPA
- Ease the process of degree certification