Grad Expo - tickets
Graduate access pass
All students who plan on participating in Commencement need a graduate access pass for entry to the Fox Theatre. Graduates are required to attend Grad Expo or one of the alternate ticket distribution dates to pick up their access pass and guest tickets (see below).
Tickets are required for all guests, no matter the age, attending commencement. Each eligible student may receive a maximum of four (4) guest tickets. Guest admission to the Fox Theatre is by ticket only. Please note: Strollers, car seats and infant carriers are not allowed in the theatre. Guest tickets are distributed when access passes are picked up.
Grad Expo provides the opportunity for students to take care of all their Commencement needs at one time. Students who plan on participating in Commencement are required to attend Grad Expo to pick up their Graduate Access Pass and guest tickets.
A photo ID and signature is required before tickets will be released. Tickets will not be released without proper identification.
Grad Expo will be held from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, November 14, 15 and 16, at the Welcome Center and the WSU Bookstore located on the northwest corner of Woodward and Warren avenues.
It only takes a few moments to:
- Confirm eligibility for participation
- Pick up graduate access pass
- Pick up guest tickets. Each graduate is allowed a maximum of four (4) guest tickets. Photo ID is required in order for tickets to be released.
- Receive commencement guide containing information on parking, arrival times, ceremony information, etc.
- Purchase cap and gown
- Order graduation announcements
- Speak with a representative from the Registrar's Office
- Purchase diploma frame
- Order class ring
- Receive information from the WSU Alumni Association
- Speak with a representative from Financial Aid
If students are unable to attend Grad Expo, alternate ticket distribution dates will be held:
- Monday, November 20, from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. in the lobby of AAB, 5700 Cass Ave. (corner of Cass and Palmer).
- Tuesday, November 28, from 3 p.m. to 6 p.m. at the Oakland Center, 33737 W. 12 Mile Road, Farmington Hills.
- Thursday, November 30, from 3 p.m. to 6 p.m. in the lobby of ATEC, 14602 E. 12 Mile Road, Farmington Hills.
- Monday, December 4, from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. in the lobby of AAB, 5700 Cass Ave. (corner of Cass and Palmer). This is the last day that access passes and guest tickets will be distributed.
There is no waiting list for additional tickets. The Commencement Office does not sell tickets or replace lost tickets.
If you are unable to attend Grad Expo or any of the ticket distribution dates, please make arrangements to have your tickets picked up by a family member or friend. You must send a signed permission letter with the name of the person your tickets may be released to and a copy of your photo ID before tickets will be released.
If you need to make other arrangements to pick up your access pass and guest tickets, please call the Commencement Office at 313-577-0300.