WSU Installment Payment Plan FAQ
- What is the Installment Payment Plan?
The Installment Payment Plan allows currently enrolled students with a past-due balance the opportunity to register for classes and pay the balance in two, three or four monthly payments. Residence hall damages, lockout fines, books and other non-deferred fees are not included in Installment Payment Plan.
- When is enrollment available?
Plans are offered in the fall and winter semesters after late registration ends. Enrollment dates are posted in Academica and on eBills.
Winter 2018 Installment Payment Plan Enrollment Period: March 19, 2018 – March 28, 2018
Requirement for Enrollment: Payments: Payment Due: $40 enrollment fee 50% At time of enrollment 50% April 1, 2018
Spring/Summer 2018 Installment Payment Plan Enrollment Period: March 26, 2018 – April 30, 2018
Requirement for Enrollment: Payments: Payment Due: $40 enrollment fee 25% April 1, 2018 25% May 1, 2018 25% June 1, 2018 25% July 1, 2018
- Can prior semester balances be included in the Installment Payment Plan?
Only current semester balances are included in the plan. Prior semester balances must be paid in full to participate.
- What is the fee to participate?
A nonrefundable enrollment fee of $40 must be paid at the time of enrollment.
- How will I know what my monthly payment will be?
The amount of your monthly payment will be determined when you click on the "Installment Plan Enrollment" link in Academica. The first payment may include non-deferred fees. There is no penalty or charge for paying off a plan early.
- How do I enroll?
- In Academica check your account balance by reviewing "Bill Account Summary". If the balance owed is only from the current semester proceed to step
- All other semester balances must be paid in full before proceeding.
- Under "Student Resources"
- Click on "Financial Records"
- Click on the "Installment Payment Plan Menu"
- Select "WSU Installment Plan Enrollment",
- Read the terms and conditions and press submit,
- Pay the nonrefundable enrollment fee.
- An email confirming enrollment and a payment schedule will be sent by noon the following business day.
- Check your account in Academica and pay the minimum amount due by the scheduled date each month.
- When will my hold be removed?
Holds will be removed by noon on the next business day. Successful enrollment includes paying prior semester balances in full.
- What if I make a payment before enrolling in the plan?
Payments made on your student account prior to enrolling or at the time of enrollment will be included in calculating monthly payments.
- What if I am receiving financial aid?
Any late disbursement of fall financial aid will be credited to your account and reduce your payments.
- What if I add a class or have additional charges?
If classes are added after enrollment in the plan, payment is due by the billing due date. Scheduled payments on the plan will not adjust.
- What if I make a late payment?
Payment due dates and amounts due are provided to you in various ways. When you enroll in the payment plan, you will receive a promissory note specifying payment amounts and due dates. A Truth-in-Lending document that includes a payment schedule will be emailed to you confirming enrollment in the payment plan. A copy of the Truth-in-Lending document is also available by clicking on "View My Installment Payment Plan" in Academica. Your account balance information is available 24/7 in Academica. It is your responsibility use one of these sources of information to know when payments are due and to pay on time.
If payment is not received by the payment due date, you will be charged $25 on balances of $500 or less and $40 on balances greater than $500. Late payment fees will not be removed if you enroll in a payment plan after the fee is assessed. In addition to late payment fees, a "HOLD" will be placed on your account that will prevent you from receiving official university transcripts, diplomas and other services.
- What if I miss a payment?
If you register for classes in the following semester, you will be de-registered from those classes and the payment plan cancelled if either of the following occurs:
- The first two scheduled payments are not current or paid in full by the date specified on your payment agreement,
- The final scheduled payment is not made by the scheduled due date.
Returned check fee: A $35 fee is assessed when a check or online payment is returned by your bank for any reason.
The payment plan will be immediately canceled if the $40.00 non-refundable enrollment fee is returned by your financial institution. De-registration from any classes for which you registered after enrolling in the plan will occur if the enrollment fee is not paid within tem business days.