eBills (electronic bills)
- WSU communicates student tuition and fee billing information electronically using eBill.
- Registered students can access their eBill statement by logging in to Academica.
- New eBill statements are prepared on the first business day of each month and available for student viewing and printing online a day later.
- A notification is sent to each student's WSU email address when a new eBill is available online. The email notification will include a greeting, some information about the billing statement and a link to Academica where the new eBill is available. No sensitive student information will be in the email notification.
Students may set a preference in the WSU Broadcast Messaging Service to also receive an eBill notice via text message to a cell phone or instant message to a personal computer. Broadcast messaging is available through Academica under WSU Resources.
- The eBill balance due will not change as payments are made because the bill is static. All activity on the eBill is presented as of the bill date; payments and/or registration transactions after the bill date will display on subsequent eBills.
- To see a recent payment, click the "Statement and Payment History" link in Academica.
- To review all payments and charges, click on the Student tab in Academica, then on "Financial Records," then click on "Bill/Account Summary."
- Charges not paid by the eBill due date are subject to the following penalties:
- All academic records will be placed on hold until the account balance is cleared.
- Denial of future semester registration.
- Unpaid accounts will be referred for collections, where students will pay all collection fees and reasonable attorney fees if Wayne State University must take action to recover any past-due amounts owed to the university.
- Wayne State University will report delinquent account activity to three national credit bureaus.
eBill payment address
Make your check payable to Wayne State University. Write your nine-character student identification number on the front of the check and mail it to:
Wayne State University
P.O. Box 02788
Detroit, MI 48202
Be sure to mail early, as post office delivery can sometimes be delayed, resulting in financial penalties if payment is received after the tuition due date.
Payments can be made in person at the following location:
42 W. Warren, Room 217
Have a question? Read our FAQ.