eBills (electronic bills)
- WSU communicates student tuition and fee billing information electronically using eBill.
- Registered students can access their eBill statement by logging in to Academica.
- New eBill statements are prepared on the first business day of each month and available for student viewing and printing online a day later.
- A notification is sent to each student's WSU email address when a new eBill is available online. The email notification will include a greeting, some information about the billing statement and a link to Academica where the new eBill is available. No sensitive student information will be in the email notification.
Students may set a preference in the WSU Broadcast Messaging Service to also receive an eBill notice via text message to a cell phone or instant message to a personal computer. Broadcast messaging is available through Academica under WSU Resources.
- The eBill balance due will not change as payments are made because the bill is static. All activity on the eBill is presented as of the bill date; payments and/or registration transactions after the bill date will display on subsequent eBills.
- To see a recent payment, click the "Statement and Payment History" link in Academica.
- To review all payments and charges, click on the Student tab in Academica, then on "Financial Records," then click on "Bill/Account Summary."
- Charges not paid by the eBill due date are subject to the following penalties:
- All academic records will be placed on hold until the account balance is cleared.
- Denial of future semester registration.
- Unpaid accounts will be referred for collections, where students will pay all collection fees and reasonable attorney fees if Wayne State University must take action to recover any past-due amounts owed to the university.
- Wayne State University will report delinquent account activity to three national credit bureaus.
Have a question? Read our FAQ.