Name and address changes

Name changes

To change your name, complete a name change form and attach a copy of your driver's license or state ID card along with a copy of your marriage certificate or court document authorizing the name change. The completed form can be mailed, faxed or dropped off in person to the Office of the Registrar.

Address changes

It is very important that you notify the university when your address changes.

To change your address:

  1. Log in to Academica.
  2. Go to the "Student" tab and select "View Personal Info" under the "Student Records" menu.
  3. Select "Update Address(es) and Phone(s)."
  4. Select the current mailing address you are updating.
  5. Remove the current mailing address. Enter the date your new address is going into effect in the "Until this Date" field, then submit.
  6. Go back to "Update Address(es) and Phone(s)." Select the mailing address option from the "Type of Addresses to Insert" dropdown, then submit.
  7. Enter the date the new address starts in the "Valid From this Date" field.  Leave the "Until this Date" field blank.  Fill in the rest of the address fields, then submit.
  • You can verify your entries by selecting "View Address(es) and Phone(s)" again.
  • If you have any questions, email or call 313-577-2100.