Currently we are suspending all in-person advising sessions until further notice. However, we are committed to meeting your academic advising needs and will be conducting virtual advising appointments via your choice of Microsoft Teams, email or telephone. Microsoft Teams can be used to make audio only or video appointments.
To schedule an advising appointment with a Pre-med and Health Science Center advisor, visit advisingworks.wayne.edu and select #3 Pre-Health Advising. Once you have selected an appointment time, indicate in the comments section your preference for appointment type (phone MS Teams, audio or video, etc.). If you need to attend an information session, please see below.
What you Should Know Before your Teams Advising Appointment
- Your advisor will always initiate the appointment. Please be by your computer or device and ready to begin your appointment at the scheduled time.
- Please be prepared and dressed as though you are attending an in-person meeting (for video appointments)
- As we will most likely be going over your academic record, we strongly recommend that you use a desktop/laptop with a stable internet connection in a quiet area to ensure safety and security. If you are attending your appointment in a common space in your home, we strongly suggest you use headphones.
- It is your responsibility to make sure you are in an environment that complies with all Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) rules and regulations. Requesting a Teams Meeting is your acknowledgement of the FERPA rules and regulations in the link above.
- If needed, you can also download the MS Teams app on your smartphone or tablet.
- Please do not attempt to conduct your appointment while driving. We reserve the right to end the meeting if this occurs.
Need Assistance in Accessing Teams?
You can access Teams in three different ways:
- Via Microsoft 365 (once you've logged into your WSU email account, click on the squares icon in the upper left hand corner)
- Downloading the desktop version (there is a button on the bottom left corner)
- Downloading the app on your smartphone or tablet
Once you've determined how you'll access Teams, make sure your microphone are turned on. If you and your advisor have arranged for a video appointment, ensure your camera is on. Be ready to receive the call from your advisor. If you have questions, you can always reach out to your individual advisor prior to your scheduled appointment.
Additional Programming Updates
The PMHSC staff will be offering virtual workshops, special events and information sessions this Fall 20 via Zoom. To gain access, please review the programs and RSVP as you normally would. A Zoom link will be sent to you a few days prior to the event.