Application Support

Students preparing to apply to any professional program should begin thinking about how they want to present themselves in their application at least one year before they formally apply. The advisors in the Pre-Med and Health Science Center are available to meet with students entering their application year to review coursework, discuss letters of recommendation, review extracurricular activities, discuss schools of interest, and more. Please allow an hour for this appointment. You can schedule your appointment on-line.

The medical school application is available for editing on May 1 of each year. June 1 is the earliest date that schools will accept applications. The AAMC provides a downloadable directions manual to help students understand the proper way to fill out the application. Check for the updated manual during your application cycle.

The Pre-Med and Health Science Center also offers a free credential service for any Wayne State student applying to medical, osteopathic, dental, veterinary, or pharmacy school. (Note: We will not submit or store letters for any other type of program or application.)  Students can choose to start a file with us at any point. Information about how the credentialing system works can be found here. There are other service providers available such as Interfolio, and others. Wayne State does not endorse any of these providers but does want students to be aware of their various options.

Students looking for assistance with writing their personal statement can check out an article featured on AMCAS that highlights the most important things that applicants should be addressing. Students may also look over what the Pre-Med and Health Science Center believes are the most important questions students should be answering in their personal statement. That is available to check out here

Transcript Requests

Students who have questions regarding their transcript and how to request it for their application should check out this document.

Wayne State University will report your AP or IB credit as one entry on your official transcript.  If the medical schools that you apply to need to see a course by course breakdown, you will need to contact the registrar's office for an unofficial transcript as well as the official one that you send to AMCAS or AACOMAS.  To do this, send an email to requesting an unofficial transcript be sent to the medical school.  Please remember to include your student number and the mailing address of the medical school in your email.