WayneDirect is a great way to make a smooth transition from community college to WSU. If you're a student at Henry Ford College or Wayne County Community College, WayneDirect access to campus so you can become acclimated before you matriculate.
Eligible participants include:
- Students currently enrolled at Henry Ford College.
- Students currently enrolled at Wayne County Community College.
Get the most current plan
You'll have access to regularly updated transfer plans specific to your intended major. Before enrolling at Wayne State, you will receive an official transfer credit evaluation to help you select the right courses.
Use Wayne State libraries
You'll have access to the full resources of the library system to conduct research, prepare papers and much more.
Get your WSU OneCard
When you become a WayneDirect student, you'll receive a Wayne State OneCard — a multipurpose identification and debit card. Your OneCard can be used for parking, library services, copying and printing, and meal purchases. OneCard holders also receive discounts at local businesses.
Access key academic resources
- Meet with academic advisors in your academic area of interest.
- Attend Writing Center workshops and presentations.
- Visit the WSU Academic Success Center for tutoring and success workshops.
- Take advantage of WSU Career Services for career counseling, résumé workshops, mock interviews and more.
Work out at WSU
Stay in shape at Wayne State's world-class recreation and fitness facilities. Show your OneCard and gain access to basketball and racquetball courts, an open weight room, Olympic-size swimming pool, and more.
Attend campus events
Participate in Wayne State activities and events, where you'll meet WSU students and explore Detroit's unrivaled culture and entertainment.
- Is there an application fee for WayneDirect? Yes. there is a $25 application fee for all students applying to Wayne State.
- If I participate in WayneDirect, will all of my courses transfer? Only courses deemed transferable by Wayne State University will transfer. View the transfer equivalency table and transfer plans for your community college to find out which credits will transfer.
- If I participate in WayneDirect and receive my associate degree, will all of my general education requirements be fulfilled? Wayne State will follow the MACRAO agreement when accepting general education requirements. Speak with an academic advisor to determine which general education requirements can be fulfilled for your specific major or program.
- If I am a WayneDirect participant, do I need to have my updated transcripts sent to Wayne State at the end of each semester? If you are a Wayne County Community College District participant, your transcripts are automatically sent to WSU. If you attend any other community college, you must request that your transcripts be sent to the Office of Undergraduate Admissions.
- You only need to send your official transcripts with your WayneDirect application if you've already completed community college courses.
- WayneDirect does not ensure admission to professional programs or other degree programs with special admission criteria.
- If you're interested in applying to a professional program or other degree program with special admission criteria, you must complete the application process for that particular program.