Be a Wayne State student while enrolled at Macomb Community College
Wayne Advantage-Macomb allows you to seamlessly move between Macomb Community College (MCC) and Wayne State University, preparing you to pursue a bachelor's in one of more than 340 academic programs at WSU while completing your associate degree at Macomb. As a Wayne Advantage-Macomb student, you can concurrently enroll at WSU and Macomb, providing you with a variety of courses at times that fit your schedule. To be eligible you must meet both WSU's and Macomb's admissions requirements.
How to apply
- Apply online.
- Select the Freshman or Transfer tab and follow the instructions (freshmen must use the university application, not the Common Application).
- As you move through the application, select "Yes" in the Wayne Advantage section to apply for the program.
What's the Wayne Advantage?
You'll enjoy all the benefits that come with attending a major urban research university, including:
- Access to Wayne State's libraries.
- A multipurpose WSU OneCard.
- On-campus housing if you are a full-time student at WSU.
- Access to the Academic Success Center and Career Services.
- Use of the Mort Harris Recreation and Fitness Center.
- Comprehensive academic advising.
- WSU events and student organizations.
- Study abroad opportunities.
- When can I participate in Wayne Advantage-Macomb? The program is open to any student who wants to take classes at both Wayne State and Macomb Community College. You can apply at any time.
- Can I receive a scholarship? You may apply for scholarships offered by WSU and MCC. Scholarships awarded by one institution may only be applied to tuition, fees and other expenses at the institution that made the award.
- Is there an application fee? Yes. There is a $25 fee for all students applying to Wayne State.
- How do I apply for financial aid if I take classes at both institutions? Your financial aid will be processed, awarded and distributed by Wayne State. This occurs regardless of where you enroll. For students who are enrolled at both Macomb and WSU in a given term, financial aid will be calculated based on their combined credit hours. Questions regarding financial aid can be directed to Wayne State at 313-577-2100.
- Will financial aid cover all my classes? Financial aid is only available for transferable courses that count toward your degree program at WSU. Classes outside of your degree requirements and those that do not transfer to WSU will not be considered when aid eligibility is calculated.
- If I participate in Wayne Advantage-Macomb, will all of my courses transfer? Only those courses deemed transferable by Wayne State will transfer. View the transfer equivalency table and transfer plans for Macomb Community College to find out which credits will transfer. If you need more information or answers to specific questions, contact the Transfer Student Success Center at email@example.com or 313-577-2487.