Scholarships and awards
- Alexander Graham Bell Association for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing
- Anne Ford and Allegra Ford Scholarship
- Anne & Matt Harbison Award Scholarship
- The Ethel Louise Armstrong Foundation, Inc.
- Metro Detroit Rehabilitation Association – Fred Howes Scholarship
- Mary P. Oenslager Scholastic Achievement Award
- ASC Disability - Links to support individuals with disabilities who are pursuing a higher education.
- College Funding for Students with Disabilities - List of resources for students with disabilities published by University of Washington.
- FAFSA - Assistance with the Free Application for Federal Student Aid, including help from a professional preparer.
- Federal Student Aid - The largest source of financial aid in the United States of America.
- Financial Aid for Students with Disabilities - Scholarship and fellowship information for students with disabilities.
- Listening and Spoken Language Knowledge Center College Scholarships and Resources - Listing of scholarships and resources to help students entering as an undergrad or graduate student.
Dorothy Begun Endowment Fund for Disabled Students
The Dorothy Begun Endowment Fund for Disabled Students assists in financing the hiring of interpreters and/or note takers for students with hearing impairments, as well as tutors for students with learning disabilities and/or hearing impairments.
Vera Brown Fund
The Vera Brown Endowment Fund assists any blind or vision-impaired impaired student requesting assistance for books, housing and tuition.
Since opening in 1971, Student Disability Services has constantly strived to educate, promote awareness and expand appropriate accommodations.
The support of generous donors enables many students with disabilities to pursue their academic goals. Students may need financial assistance for adaptive technology, tutoring, scholarships and support services. To discuss giving opportunities and learn more about supporting SDS, please contact: