See all press releases >>
See all press releases >>
- Author to speak about the rise of powerful conservative law group
- Author Michael Avery will speak about his new book, “The Federalist Society: How Conservatives Took the Law Back from Liberals” (co-author is Danielle McLaughlin), at 5:30 p.m. May 28 at Wayne State University Law School. The event is...May 16 2013
- Law students have more international opportunities than ever before
- The opportunity for law students to work and study abroad has never been better at Wayne State University Law School, where the robust Program for International Legal Studies continues to expand and thrive.
Nine Wayne Law students will be traveling...May 15 2013
- Wayne State University receives $4.4 million for Evangeline L. Dumesnil Endowed Scholarship in Music
- DETROIT – Wayne State University has received a gift of $4.4 million from the Evangeline L. Dumesnil Trust to provide scholarships for music students. Since 1991, the Evangeline L. Dumesnil Scholarship has been funded annually by the Dumesnil...May 14 2013
- Wayne State researcher aims to make STEM education more accessible to Native American students
- Detroit – Underrepresented minorities comprise approximately 30 percent of the U.S. population, but only 10 percent are college educated in the areas of science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM). Native Americans (and Aboriginal...May 14 2013
- DETROIT – After four years of intense studying and clinical rotations in and around Detroit, the 277 men and women who make up the Wayne State University School of Medicine Class of 2013 will earn the title of doctor. The Commencement Ceremony...May 13 2013
- Wayne Law professor new chair of American Bar Association committee
- The new chair of an American Bar Association committee that sets and enforces ethical standards of conduct for tax lawyers will be Detroit resident Linda Beale, professor of law at Wayne State University Law School.
She’s the author of an...May 13 2013
- Judge Nancy Edmunds to receive honorary degree, keynote Wayne Law Commencement May 13
- Judge Nancy Edmunds has presided over numerous high-profile cases during her more than 20 years on the federal bench. And on May 13, she’ll share her wisdom with the 2013 graduating class of her alma mater, Wayne State University Law School,...May 10 2013
- DETROIT — A Wayne State University researcher understands that the three most important things about real estate also apply to small ground robotic vehicles: location, location, location.
In a paper recently published in the journal IEEE...May 10 2013
- Wayne State University professor accepted into premier leadership program
- Ambika Mathur, Ph.D., professor of Pediatrics and director of the M.D./Ph.D. Program for the Wayne State University School of Medicine, has been selected as a member of the 2013-14 class of fellows of the Hedwig van Ameringen Executive Leadership in...May 9 2013
- Media Advisory: Wayne State University commencement ceremonies celebrate class of 2013
- WHAT: More than 3,500 students will participate in two Wayne State University spring commencement ceremonies. The events will conclude the university's 145th academic year.
The ceremonies will be one of the last major university events for...May 8 2013
- A $100,000 gift from Lawrence Mann, Wayne Law ’80, will support Advocacy at Wayne, a dynamic expansion of the Law School’s Student Trial Advocacy Program (STAP) founded in 1985.
Wayne Law has a strong tradition of graduating attorneys...May 8 2013
- Fellowships allow law students to serve public interest
- Fifteen students will get hands-on experience with the practice of public interest law this summer, with the support of the 2013 Public Interest Law Fellowships.
Wayne State University Law School created the fellowships in 2009 to help students...May 8 2013
- DETROIT — A Wayne State University researcher has successfully tested a technique that can lead to more effective use of nanoparticles as a drug delivery system.
Joshua Reineke, Ph.D., assistant professor of pharmaceutical sciences in the...May 7 2013
- Students and faculty members recognized at College of Engineering Honors Convocation
- DETROIT (May 6, 2013) – Wayne State University College of Engineering students and faculty members were recognized for their accomplishments at the college’s Honors Convocation, held last month at the Detroit Yacht Club. More than...May 6 2013
- Law professor is a student favorite
- Huntington Woods resident Eric Zacks, assistant professor of law at Wayne State University Law School, has been voted Upper Class Professor of the Year by the second and third year law students for the second year in a row. Zacks, who joined the...May 6 2013
- Wayne Law Professor Noah Hall to serve as expert on PBS TV show
- When the producers of PBS series “Constitution USA” were fishing for an expert to help them with the legal issues snarled around the invasion of Asian carp, they reeled in Wayne State University Law School Associate Professor of Law Noah...May 6 2013
- Wayne State researcher appointed adjunct foreign professor at prestigious Karolinska Institute
- Detroit – Mark R. Luborsky, Ph.D., director of aging and health disparities research in the Institute of Gerontology (IOG), and professor of anthropology and gerontology at Wayne State University, has been appointed adjunct foreign professor...May 2 2013
- Southeast Michigan Purchasing Managers Index shows sharp increase in new orders and a strengthening regional economy
- DETROIT— The Southeast Michigan economy continues to strengthen at a modest pace according to the April Southeast Michigan Purchasing Managers Index (PMI). The April index value is 55.3— a slight decline from the March index of 55.7....May 1 2013
- Wayne State aims to become regional hub for nano technology R&D
- DETROIT– Wayne State University today announced an initiative to increase and diversify microtechnology research at its multimillion dollar Nano Fabrication Core Facility (nFab). The cleanroom lab, which was originally built to focus on...May 1 2013
- Wayne State University commencement ceremonies celebrate class of 2013
- More than 3,500 students will participate in two Wayne State University spring commencement ceremonies on Thursday, May 9, 2013. The ceremonies, which will conclude the university's 145th academic year, will be held at Ford Field in downtown...Apr 29 2013
- Federal agency shines national spotlight on Wayne State University foster youth retention program
- Wayne State University’s Transition to Independence Program (TIP), an initiative developed by the School of Social Work to help students aging out of foster care thrive in their studies, will be featured during Foster Care Awareness Month in a...Apr 29 2013
- MEDIA ADVISORY: Warsaw Ghetto Uprising Remembrance Program
Wayne State University is honored to present a special program remembering the 70th anniversary of the Warsaw Ghetto Uprising. This special evening of reflection will pay homage and honor to those whose courage and faith will never be...Apr 29 2013
- Wayne State University Board of Governors to meet Wednesday, May 1
- The Wayne State University Board of Governors will hold its next regular meeting on Wednesday, May 1, 2013, in Rooms FGH at McGregor Memorial Conference Center, 495 W. Ferry Mall, Detroit. The Board of Governors standing committee meetings convene...Apr 26 2013
- Wayne State research finds psychological vulnerable older adults are more susceptible to experience fraud
- Detroit – Researchers at Wayne State University, in collaboration with Illinois Institute of Technology, recently published a study advising clinical gerontologists in the field to be aware of older adults’ needs for assessment of...Apr 25 2013
- ABA moot court team goes to quarterfinals
- Two teams from Wayne State University Law School competed in the American Bar Association National Appellate Advocacy Competition’s St. Louis Regional moot court recently. The team of Bonnie Smith (Farmington Hills) and Frances Murphy...Apr 25 2013
- Administrator of the Year and Faculty Member of the Year Awarded to Corrine Webb and James Woodyard by Wayne State University Student Senate
- The Wayne State University Student Senate will present its prestigious Administrator and Faculty Member of the Year awards to Corrine Webb and James Woodyard, respectively, at the Student Senate Banquet on April 30, 2013, in the McGregor Memorial...Apr 24 2013
- Wayne State University biotech startup, Advaita, to participate in new Michigan I-Corps program
- DETROIT - Advaita, a Plymouth, MI biotechnology startup company spun out from Wayne State University, is one of 25 companies selected to participate in the new Michigan I-Corps program starting May 2013.
Michigan I-Corps is a statewide...Apr 23 2013
- Transactional law team places third in competition
- Wayne State University Law School’s transactional law team parlayed countless hours of preparation into a top-notch learning experience — and a fine finish, as well.
The team placed third in the region for its buyer’s draft of a...Apr 23 2013
- Wayne Law Dean Jocelyn Benson honored by NAACP
- Wayne State University Law School Dean Jocelyn Benson has advocated for voting rights for many years, created and directed the Michigan Allies Project to track hate incidents and give legal support to victims, and supported equality in a hundred...Apr 22 2013
- Wayne State University researchers seek calcium channels to target cancer tumors
- DETROIT — Two Wayne State University researchers are working on a technique that could lead to easier, faster identification of cancer tumors that can be effectively treated by calcium channel-based therapies.
Rod Braun, Ph.D., associate...Apr 22 2013