News & Announcements
- EcoCAR 2 team competes in Year Two Competition
- May 23 2013
- Understanding differences in job commitment types can lead to better correctional employees, Wayne State University researcher finds
- DETROIT — Commitment to the job by correctional staff members cannot be bought but must be earned by an organization, a Wayne State University researcher believes.
A study by Eric Lambert, Ph.D., professor and chair of criminal justice in...May 23 2013
- Wayne State University chair selected for national leadership program
- DETROIT — Ratna Naik, Ph.D., chair and professor of physics and astronomy in Wayne State University’s College of Liberal Arts and Sciences, has been selected as a fellow for the 2013-14 Executive Leadership in Academic Technology &...May 23 2013
- Wayne Law students to intern with international businesses
- Four Wayne State University law students will spend this summer as interns exploring the world of international business and law.May 23 2013
- Email Phish: "New Post Alert"
- Wayne State students, faculty, and staff have reported a new phishing email that appears to be from Blackboard. A screenshot of the "New Post Alert" message appears below.
The message is NOT LEGITIMATE and was not...May 23 2013
- Wayne State receives second year funding from the New Economy Initiative to build technology commercialization efforts
- DETROIT — Wayne State University received notice of a $820,398 grant from the New Economy Initiative for Southeast Michigan (NEI) that will continue to support the Technology Commercialization Office’s efforts to expand and improve the...May 22 2013
- Inventor helps bring ideas to life for more than 35 years
- Tell Eugene Snowden it can’t be done and he will prove you wrong.
Snowden—one of Wayne State University’s best-kept secrets—is a...May 22 2013
- Planetarium CLOSED Friday Evening May 24 in Observance of Memorial Day
- The Wayne State University Planetarium will be CLOSED Friday evening May 24th in observance of Memorial Day. Please join us for our next PUBLIC PLANETARIUM SHOW on Friday evening May 31st! View the current night sky and see the full...May 21 2013
- Wayne State University names Joan C. Dunbar as associate vice president of technology commercialization
- DETROIT — Hilary Ratner, Ph.D., vice president for research at Wayne State University, announced the appointment of Joan C. Dunbar, Ph.D., of Bloomfield, Mich., as associate vice president of technology commercialization in the Division of...May 21 2013
- Memorial Day Holiday and WTE Timesheet Deadline
- Monday May 27, 2013 is a University Holiday (Memorial Day) and is also the established employee submission date for Web Time Entry (WTE) Timesheets. Therefore, the WTE employee submission day/time for pay period #12 has been extended to...May 21 2013
- Fall 2013 SLIS Graduate Student Assistantship and New Student Scholarship Opportunities
- The Wayne State University Library System and the School of Library and Information Science are pleased to announce the availability of two WSU Library Graduate Student Assistantships starting in Fall 2013. The GSA positions have been...May 21 2013
- Benefit to honor Justice Marilyn Kelly, build public interest law scholarship
- A benefit to recognize and continue the public service legacy of former Michigan Supreme Court Justice Marilyn Kelly, now distinguished jurist in residence at Wayne State University Law School, will take place June 11 at the Roostertail in Detroit.May 21 2013
- Art majors/minors may enter CFPCA's Cool Programs contest through 7/26...
- May 21 2013
- Communication majors/minors may enter CFPCA's Cool Programs contest...
- May 21 2013
- Music majors/minors may enter the Cool Programs contest through 7/26...
- May 21 2013
- Formula SAE team places 13th of 128 in Cost event at MIS
- May 20 2013