- Nick DeNardis DetCoffeeCode - Show and Tell @ Barnes and Noble - December 14, 2013
- 5:38 AM Dec 6
- Frank Addo SAAB showing support!
- 5:36 AM Dec 6
- Carmen Gamlin Undergraduate engineering majors should consider the support and preparation of the McNair Scholars Program if they have plans for a Doctorate Degree
- 3:51 AM Dec 6
- Carmen Gamlin Beijing Auto Group Free Job Fair in Chicago 12/7/2013 2:00 to 6:00 - Work in China / No language Requirement
- 3:27 AM Dec 6
- Kevin Piotrowski Cavalcade of Food - Bean & Ham Soup
- 4:35 AM Dec 5
David Nicholson appointed to Wayne State Board of Governors
Gov. Rick Snyder announced the appointment last week of David Nicholson to the Wayne State University Board of Governors.
Nicholson, a resident of Grosse Pointe Farms and senior executive with Detroit-based PVS Chemicals Inc., was sworn in during the Feb. 6 Board of Governors meeting.
"I look forward to working with the students, faculty and staff at Wayne State," said Nicholson. "Education is the key to good jobs and enhancing the quality of life for those in our community. I am proud to serve a university that makes a real difference."
Nicholson serves as a board member for various community groups, including the Detroit Historical Society, Forgotten Harvest, Crime Stoppers of Southeastern Michigan and Kids Kicking Cancer.
"David brings a great business perspective to the Board. He doesn't hesitate to get involved in the community and help where he can," said Debbie Dingell, incoming Board Chair. "We all look forward to working with him."
Nicholson holds a bachelor's in political science from the University of Wisconsin - Madison and a master's in business administration from the University of Chicago. He fills the vacancy created by the resignation of Danialle Karmanos.
Nicholson will serve the remainder of an eight-year term that expires Dec. 31, 2018.