- Veronica Bielat Condition of Education 2013 released
- 1:23 PM May 23
- as1735 Mechanical engineers most in demand in southeast Michigan
- 5:49 AM May 23
- Carmen Gamlin Make Wayne State's CSO Your First Check for Engineering Career Opportunities
- 11:58 AM May 21
- Matthew Fredericks The Point of Contact
- 11:42 AM May 20
- Kevin Piotrowski Cavalcade of Food - Mock Spinach Pie Casserole
- 11:21 AM May 20
Wayne State on TwitterView all
- The artist known as @mymrlittlejeans isn't a mister - Her real name is Monica Birkenes this & more tonight on @EchoesRadio. 10:02 PM May 23 2013
- Here's our interview with @MovementDetroit artist Erika @schnitzelmeow http://t.co/TKGjI7UzNI ! See her 5/27 5pm Made in #Detroit stage 9:43 PM May 23 2013
- Alpha is Here. #Electronic Music & Progressive #Soul from @wdet #Detroit. Just in time for @MovementDetroit. #alphadetroit #techno 9:31 PM May 23 2013
- It’s that time of year - time for graduations & commencement addresses.what advice would you give to today’s graduating class? #CraigShow 9:15 PM May 23 2013
- Let's Go @DetroitRedWings! 8:10 PM May 23 2013
Wayne State welcomes two new Board of Governors members
Family, friends and WSU staff filled the the McGregor Memorial Cultural Center Jan. 16 for the swearing-in of new Board of Governors members Sandra Hughes O'Brien and Kim Trent. Both were elected to eight-year terms.
O'Brien is the principal owner of Northville's O'Brien Law Office, PLLC. She serves on several boards and committees, including the Detroit Hispanic Development Corporation, the Hispanic Bar Association of Michigan, the State Bar of Michigan's Bar Leadership Liaison Committee and Northville Public Schools' District Curriculum Council. She is the chair of the Michigan Democratic Party's Hispanic Caucus and a mentor for WSU's Center for Latino and Latin American Studies' College to Career (C2C) Program.
Trent, a WSU graduate, is student recruitment manager for Michigan Future Inc., an Ann Arbor-based think tank focused on strategies to prepare Michiganders for the knowledge-based economy. She serves on several boards, including the Rosa Parks Scholarship Foundation and Habitat for Humanity of Detroit, and is a past president of Wayne State's Organization of Black Alumni. As a WSU undergraduate, Trent was a member of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc. She now serves on the sorority's National Social Action Commission.