- Veronica Bielat Push against impact factors
- 7:34 AM May 17
- Dollar Sophia Free Fitness Assessment
- 7:43 AM May 16
- Veronica Bielat APA Publication Manual 6th edition now available in e-formats.
- 6:09 AM May 16
- Dennis Schwartz Full-time Technical position with Tata Technologies, Onsite at Chrysler Group LLC
- 6:06 AM May 16
- Carmen Gamlin State of Michigan IT and Computer Science Opportunities with Dept. of Technology Management & Budget
- 11:25 AM May 15
Wayne State on TwitterView all
- Alpha has arrived. 24/7 #Electronic Music + Progressive #Soul from #Detroit. Listen at http://t.co/VnlPfO3yqE or 101.9FM #alphadetroit 12:03 AM May 20 2013
- 10 minutes until #alphadetroit. Are you ready? Tune in & visit http://t.co/7yki1Jkg7G. 11:52 PM May 19 2013
- The Sunday Sessions - Outstanding Detroit-connected DJs displaying their talents with an hour-long non-stop mix. http://t.co/NFtbwwDH1l 11:01 PM May 19 2013
Wayne State University Press announces 2013 releases and holiday sale
It looks like 2013 is going to be another page-turner for the Wayne State University Press. Several highly anticipated new works are scheduled for release early in the year.
Revolution Detroit: Strategies for Urban Reinvention by John Gallagher, a Detroit Free Press reporter, follows up on his 2010 book, Reimagining Detroit. It looks at the Motor City's successes and failures in confronting its considerable challenges, and explores lessons learned from cities like Philadelphia and Manchester, England.
National Book Award-winning author Gloria Whelan's Living Together is due in March. The collection of short stories and a novella focuses on people living together who have reached a crisis point.
Another release in the acclaimed Made in Michigan Writers Series is The Way North: Collected Upper Peninsula New Works, which includes 49 poems and 20 stories showcasing life in the U.P. The book, edited by Ron Riekki, will be released in May.
"We continue to support Michigan writers and produce important works of interest and concern to Michiganders," says Jane Hoehner, director of the press.
Get up to 40 percent off during the press's holiday book sale when you shop the newly redesigned wsupress.wayne.edu. The sale runs through Jan. 15.