- Nick DeNardis Changelog - Week of December 2, 2013
- 3:44 AM Dec 7
- renee Project Four: Constrained Systems
- 5:18 PM Dec 6
- Carmen Gamlin Computational Fluid Dynamics Engineer for Master's Level Students - Apply today!
- 10:47 AM Dec 6
- Hannah Mathers Warrior Weekend in the D – Noel Night 2013 Edition
- 9:14 AM Dec 6
- Carmen Gamlin Manufacturing Engineer – Prototype Launch in Allen Park (Several positions open - all Engineering majors)
- 9:13 AM Dec 6
Wayne State faculty encouraged to apply for Fulbrights
Wayne State's strength as a research institution comes in part from its commitment to a global exchange of ideas, and no one appreciates the value of international study more than Jaclyn Assarian, associate director of international programs.
Assarian, who has a master's in international education from the George Washington University and speaks French and Spanish, is a Southeast Michigan native who moved home this spring after spending several years administering Fulbright Scholar Programs for the Middle East and North Africa in Washington, D.C.
She believes WSU faculty are excellent candidates for Fulbright awards, and she is passionate about raising awareness of the program.
"Because Wayne State is a large research institution in a big urban area with a fairly international population, our faculty can make an extremely good case to the selection committee that their experience will have a positive ripple effect throughout a large and diverse student body," Assarian said. "This is what the Fulbright program wants to see."
Faculty members can learn more about Fulbright opportunities by contacting Assarian at 313-577-9319 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit the Office of International Programs at www.oip.wayne.edu.