- Veronica Bielat Push against impact factors
- 7:34 AM May 17
- Dollar Sophia Free Fitness Assessment
- 7:43 AM May 16
- Veronica Bielat APA Publication Manual 6th edition now available in e-formats.
- 6:09 AM May 16
- Dennis Schwartz Full-time Technical position with Tata Technologies, Onsite at Chrysler Group LLC
- 6:06 AM May 16
- Carmen Gamlin State of Michigan IT and Computer Science Opportunities with Dept. of Technology Management & Budget
- 11:25 AM May 15
Wayne State on TwitterView all
- Need lunch today? There's a Food Truck Rally at the Fisher Building, from now 'til 2 pm. Yum! http://t.co/k8QvcgTm1N 11:52 AM May 20 2013
- RT @pastadoble: “@redpandalab: Electronic music is back on Detroit radio, thanks @wdet http://t.co/WFd3Ml9WuK” #abouttime 11:50 AM May 20 2013
- WDET's @mikelellcessor is talking w/ @CraigFahle abt Alpha. #CraigShow #alphadetroit http://t.co/SG5zY5XZFW 11:40 AM May 20 2013
Have a heart: Join the Michigan Organ Donor Registry and support WSU
Rebecca Joy Butler was 20 years old and working toward a marketing degree at Wayne State. But her life was cut short by illness; she died in May 2011 after waiting in vain for a lung transplant.
In honor of her life, Rebecca's parents, Beverly and Tim Butler, an associate business professor, are leading the 2012 WSU Gift of Life Campus Challenge to increase organ donations. Last year, School of Medicine students coordinated a smaller challenge. This year, Tim Butler is serving as a faculty advisor of sorts for the campus-wide campaign.
According to Beverly Butler, the wait for organs can be two to three years because of the scarcity of donors. "We want to do what we can to spread the word about the need," she says.
Through Feb. 23, 15 Michigan colleges and universities are competing to have the most people join the state donor registry. They are encouraging students, faculty and other supporters through email, social media, public service announcements, posters and at athletic events.
Two trophies will be awarded -- one to the school with the most donor registrations and one to the school with the most registrations proportionate to student population.
Michigan State University and Adrian College won the trophies last year. Add your name to the registry today to help WSU win in 2012.