Student Service Center
The Student Service Center is a one-stop shop created to serve the needs of students, parents, and anyone interested in Wayne State University. We are ready to answer questions about applying to WSU, financial aid, records and registration, student accounts, and everything in between. Visit us in the Welcome Center, send us an email to email@example.com, or call us at 313-577-2100 to ask a question.
Frequently requested information
- We want you to be successful. Completing a SMART Check information session is mandatory if you are intending to withdraw from a course. However, if you want to know how a course withdrawal might affect you academically and financially, you can complete a SMART Check at any time.
- During your visit, you will meet with an enrollment management representative and learn about how withdrawing from a course will specifically impact you, both academically and financially. You will receive personalized information to help you make an educated decision.
- Reserve your spot for Orientation!
- Check your application status
- Login with the temporary username and password you received when you submitted your application.
- If you need your login information re-sent: Resend my login credentials for my admission application
- Spring-Summer 2014 Semester Disbursements
Spring/Summer and Spring session
MyWSUcard deposits begin May 7, Direct Deposits begin May 9, Paper Checks - May 13
MyWSUcard deposits begin June 25, Direct Deposits begin June 27, Paper Checks - July 1
- Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Enrollment verification (use pipeline to print it for free)
- Using Pipeline, go to the student tab under Registration, click on Enrollment Verification.
- This will take you to the National Student Clearinghouse
- You can choose, current enrollment or all enrollment, then:
- View enrollment information on file with the clearinghouse
- View student loan deferment notifications
- View proof(s) of enrollment which the Clearinghouse has provided to health insurers or others
- Request a Wayne State University transcript
Today's expected service times
Welcome Center Lobby: 0-10 minutes
Phones: 0-10 minutes
Email - working on emails sent in on 04/23/2014
Walk-In hours for Financial Aid Officers are on Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays from 8:30 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
The Welcome Center
42 W. Warren Ave., 1st Floor Lobby
Detroit, MI 48201
Monday - Thursday, 8:30 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
Friday, 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Monday - Friday, 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Saturday and Sunday: