How to Order an IRS Tax Transcript by Mail
- The online IRS "Get Transcript service" is currently unavailable. Transcripts may still be ordered using the Get Transcript by Mail service.
- Go to the IRS Get Transcript website: http://www.irs.gov/Individuals/Get-Transcript
- Click on "Get Transcript by MAIL"
- You will be asked information to verify your identity
- Under "Type of Transcript" choose, "Return Transcript"
- Under "Tax Year" select 2015 for verification of fall 2016 - winter 2017 FAFSA's
- You will receive the message, "We have accepted your request for a 2015 Return Transcript . Please allow 5-10 days to receive it. The transcript will be sent to the address we have on file for you.", when you have successfully completed the request.
Satisfactory Academic Progress
Satisfactory Academic Progress Appeal forms- You may submit an appeal form if you feel you have special circumstances that warrant a review of your financial aid status.
Beginning July 1, 2016, Wayne State University student refunds will no longer be processed through Higher One. If you currently have a checking account serviced by Higher One, you can continue to utilize it by enrolling in direct deposit through WSU and providing the Higher One routing and bank account information. Access your Higher One information at myonemoney.com.
Wayne State University issues refunds to students’ accounts once a week. Refunds can be released in two ways:
1. Direct deposit into an existing U.S. checking or savings account
2. Paper check mailed to the address on file with WSU
Accounts may be viewed in Academica to determine if a refund has been issued.
Students may enroll in direct deposit by logging into Academica. Select Financial Records, Direct Deposit Student Refunds and follow the instructions.
Paper checks are mailed to the most current mailing address in Academica, beginning on the first day of the semester and bi-weekly thereafter. Students must keep their address current, as checks are mailed to the most current mailing address in Academica and made payable to the student. A refund will only be generated if an active address is on file.
Please Note: Refund checks are not available for pickup.
||Timing after the refund has been posted
||9-13 business days
||3 business days
How can I sign up for a Direct Deposit Refunds ?
The benefits for using Direct Deposit are numerous, and there are specific ways you it works to your advantage.
- Easy. Sign up on WSU Academica - go to a.wayne.edu, then choose:
- Quick. No waiting for checks to clear; have access to your funds sooner.
- Convenient. Saves time and gas with no more driving to the bank or standing in line.
- Secure. Eliminates the risk of your check being lost or stolen in the mail.
- Reliable. You will always know your funds will be deposited - even if you are out of town.
- Free. There is no fee to enroll.
Questions? See our Direct Deposit Refunds FAQ
- 2016-17 financial aid awards and document requests can be found on Academica.
- Student Resources> Financial Aid> My Award Information
Are you ready to attend Wayne State University, but need financial aid to help fund your education? Or a student about to graduate and have questions about loan repayment? Check out these breif videos to answer some of the most commonly asked questions.