Follow this checklist to find out what can you do to prepare for the upcoming semester:
- Complete any outstanding Financial Aid requirements.
- Pay off any outstanding tuition balances.
- Resolve any holds you may have on your account.
- Decide which classes you want to take.
- Visit the class schedule site.
- Check out course-specific dates by clicking on the "Course Ref. No." link next to each course.
- Build your schedule and log in to register for classes.
- Register for classes now!
To change your name, complete a Name Change request and attach a copy of your Driver's License or State ID card, a copy of your marriage certificate or court document authorizing the name change. You need your AccessID and password to submit the form.
To reset your password or retrieve your AccessID, click here or contact the C&IT Help Desk at (313) 577-HELP (4357). For additional assistance, contact us at (313) 577-2100.
It is very important that you notify the university when your address changes.
To change your address:
- Log in to Academica.
- Go to the "Student Resoruces" menu, and select "View Personal Info" under the "Student Records" menu.
- Select "Update Address(es) and Phone(s).
- Select the current Mailing address you are changing or updating.
- You need to end the current Mailing address. Enter the date your new address is going into effect in the "Until this Date" field. Then, hit the "Submit" button.
- Go back to "Update Address(es) and Phone(s). Select the "Mailing" address option from the "Type of Address to Insert" dropdown. Then, hit the "Submit" button.
- Enter the date the new address starts in the "Valid From this Date" field. Leave the "Until this Date" field blank. Fill in the rest of the adress fields, and then hit "Submit".
You can verify your entries by selecting "View Address(es) and Phone(s)" again.
- If you have any questions, email email@example.com or call 313-577-2100.
To inquire about entering a closed class, contact the department offering the class for assistance. Departmental phone numbers are available through the WSU Online Directory.
Students who drop all classes during priority registration will have the registration fee waived. If the student registers for only one class and it is cancelled by the university, the registration fee will automatically be removed. For all other drops or withdrawals, the registration fee is non-refundable.
The Visitor Program allows any adult who is not currently enrolled in credit courses at Wayne State to attend a wide range of university courses in a non-credit status.
- Visitor status students do not receive academic credit or acknowledgement on transcripts.
- Adults may enroll as visitors in most of the courses listed in the Schedule of Classes.
- Formal admission to the university is not required to take advantage of the Visitor Program.
- Visitor status students do not submit written work or take examinations.
- Registration for both on-campus and off-campus courses takes place the first week of classes.
You cannot register/add/drop if:
- You have an academic or financial hold.
- You have not been admitted to the university for the current term.
- You have not registered for several years and have not had your records reactivated.