Declaration of Major — Nursing
Bachelor of science in nursing: Traditional program
Students in this category are presumed to be entering professional nursing for the first time. They are admitted through the Office of Undergraduate Admissions and complete a pre-professional nursing program offered by the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences.
- Applicants are eligible to apply to the traditional bachelor of science in nursing program if they are entering professional nursing for the first time and have completed a minimum of 30 credits and all prerequisites.
- Applicants must complete all prerequisite courses with a grade of “C” or better in each course.
- A minimum 2.5 grade point average in prerequisite courses (including science) is required to be eligible for admission.
- If any professional nursing courses have been taken, grades earned in those courses will be taken into account.
- Admission to the program is competitive; completion of prerequisites with minimum requirements does not guarantee admission.