Declaration of Major — College of Liberal Arts and Sciences
You must be in good academic standing to declare or change your major.
Procedures for declaration or change of major
Obtain a copy of your WSU transcript.
- If your courses were all taken after fall 1998, download an unofficial copy of your transcript from STARS.
- If your courses include at least one taken prior to fall 1998, request your transcript through Pipeline.
- If you do not have access to Pipeline, you must request a transcript from Records and Registration. Learn more.
Meet with an advisor to get a degree audit of your general education requirements.
- Call 313-577-2680 or visit advising.wayne.edu to schedule an appointment with an academic advisor.
Get a signed Declaration of Major Form from an advisor in your major department.
- Call your major department to make an appointment.
- Present your transcript and completed degree audit form to your major department advisor.
- Review your major requirements.
- Obtain the signature of your major department advisor on the Declaration of Major Form.
Return the Declaration of Major Form to:
College of Liberal Arts and Sciences
Office of Student Services
2155 Old Main
Detroit, MI 48202