Presidential Scholarships are awarded to the top admissions applicants based on a number of factors, including GPA, ACT scores and undergraduate application materials.
Award for incoming freshmen - Fall 2016
The Presidential Scholarship is valued at a minimum of $9,000 per year for four consecutive years — a total of $36,000.
Presidential scholars will receive nominations to the Irvin D. Reid Honors college. Invitations will be sent out separately by the Honors College in the fall. To confirm your place in the Honors College and to compete for additional scholarship funding, you must participate in Scholars Day. Learn more about the Irvin D. Reid Honors College.
- A completed WSU admissions application containing all required documents must be received by December 1, 2015.
- This award will be offered to the top admissions applicants based on GPA and ACT scores.
- Average student profile: Awarded to students who have the strongest academic credentials, typically with average ACT scores of 32 (or SAT scores of 1420) and an average GPA of 4.0.
- If you submit updated ACT/SAT scores you will be considered for upgraded scholarship opportunities if funds are available, provided you have met the application deadline.
To retain your award
- You must complete a minimum of 12 credits for fall and winter semesters and maintain a minimum GPA of 3.3.
- If you earn a bachelor's degree in less than four years, your scholarship will terminate at that time.