The Gold Scholarship is awarded to high-achieving incoming freshmen each fall semester. You may be awarded this scholarship based on your undergraduate application materials. A separate scholarship application is not needed.
The Irvin D. Reid Honors College will invite eligible students to attend Honors Convocation.
Award for incoming freshmen - Fall 2014
The Gold Scholarship is valued at $6,000 per year for four consecutive years — a total of $24,000.
- A completed WSU admissions application containing all required documents must be received by December 8, 2013.
- This award will be offered to the top admissions applicants based on GPA and ACT scores. If you submit updated ACT/SAT scores you will be considered for upgraded scholarship opportunities if funds are available, provided you have met the application deadline.
- Attendance at Honors Convocation is required.
To retain your award
- You must complete a minimum of 12 credits for fall and winter semesters and maintain a minimum GPA of 3.3.
- You must maintain good standing within the Honors College.
- If you earn a bachelor's degree in less than four years, your scholarship will terminate at that time.