Gold Scholarships are awarded to select applicants with strong academic credentials based on a number of factors, including GPA, ACT scores and undergraduate application materials.
Award for incoming freshmen - Fall 2016
The Gold Scholarship is valued at a minimum of $5000 per year for four consecutive years — a total of $20,000.
Gold scholars will receive nominations to the Irvin D. Reid Honors College. Invitations will be sent out separately by the Honors College in the fall. To compete for a seat in the Honors College and additional scholarship funding, you must participate in Scholars Day. Learn more about the Irvin D. Reid Honors College.
- A completed WSU admissions application containing all required documents must be received by December 1, 2015.
- This award will be offered to the top admissions applicants based on GPA and ACT scores.
- Average student profile: Awarded to students with average ACT scores of 26 (or SAT scores of 1190) and an average GPA of 3.7.
- If you submit updated ACT/SAT scores you will be considered for upgraded scholarship opportunities if funds are available, provided you have met the application deadline.
To retain your award
- You must complete a minimum of 12 credits for fall and winter semesters and maintain a minimum GPA of 3.3.
- If you earn a bachelor's degree in less than four years, your scholarship will terminate at that time.