Wayne State is a nationally recognized urban center of excellence in research and one of only 10 U.S. public universities in major cities holding the Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching’s designation as an institution with “very high research activity,” as well as the foundation’s most comprehensive classification for community engagement. WSU is among the nation’s top public universities for total research expenditures ($245.8 million) according to the National Science Foundation.
Research, scholarship and creative activity are the foundation of our achievements, offering students a university experience that prepares them for leadership roles as scientists, health professionals, artists, educators, entrepreneurs and more. Through groundbreaking research and hands-on education, Wayne State faculty members transform the lives of our students and the citizens of our community.
- Wayne State dedicates new $93 million biosciences center aimed at eliminating health disparities in Detroit
- Wayne State's Alexey Petrov named 2015 American Physical Society Fellow
- International Federation of Gynecology and Obstetrics calls for treatment developed at Wayne State to fight worldwide preterm birth
- Wayne State researchers discover evidence that lead exposure in mothers can affect future generations
- RoBUST 2015 Call for Seed Grant Proposals
- Federal government chooses Wayne State to train social workers, nurses in substance abuse screening