Wayne State is a nationally recognized urban center of excellence in research and one of only 10 U.S. public universities in major cities holding the Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching’s designation as an institution with “very high research activity,” as well as the foundation’s most comprehensive classification for community engagement. WSU is among the nation’s top public universities for total research expenditures ($245.8 million) according to the National Science Foundation.
Research, scholarship and creative activity are the foundation of our achievements, offering students a university experience that prepares them for leadership roles as scientists, health professionals, artists, educators, entrepreneurs and more. Through groundbreaking research and hands-on education, Wayne State faculty members transform the lives of our students and the citizens of our community.
- Research supports role of Supernovas in measuring pace at which the universe expands
- Wayne State University leads groundbreaking research on preterm birth
- Water@Wayne Winter 2017 Seminars Announced
- Message from the National Science Foundation - Issuance of Revised NSF Award Terms and Conditions
- Wayne State University and Henry Ford Hospital present findings on reducing hospital visits for patients with End State Renal Disease and Chronic Kidney Disease
- Math Corps awarded nearly $3 million NSF grant