Announcing the 2009 Campus Life Leadership Award Winners
May 13, 2009
The 2009 Campus Life Leadership Awards banquet was held on April 22 in Wayne State University's Student Center Building. Twenty-one outstanding students, all from Michigan, advisors and organizations were honored in the following categories:
• Emerging Leader Award - Jeena Chorath, Niles; Porsha Darby, Macomb Township; Hannah Knight, Lake Orion; Jason Proctor, Livonia; and Samantha Stiff, Gaines.
• Campus Life Legacy Award - Maniesh Joshi, Troy; Christopher Krupa, Rochester; Evette Shahara, Sterling Heights; Janjenali Villaflor, Troy; and Jennifer Walker, Plymouth.
• Outstanding Graduate/Professional Student Award - Shatha Alkatib, Dearborn; Erik Brown, Dearborn; Paul Deschamps, Allen Park; Benjamin Langrill, Midland; and Mary Tanski, Northville.
• Service Leader Award - Caleb Dalman, Rockford.
• Outstanding Student Organization Advisor Award - Irshad Altheimer, Ph.D.
• Outstanding Student Organization Award - American Pharmacists Association Academy of Student Pharmacists (APhA-ASP)
• City of Detroit Service Award - Circle K International
• Outstanding Diversity Program Award - Sigma Lambda Beta Fraternity, Inc. - Psi Beta Chapter
• Respect Program Award - Students for SASEA (Sexual Aggression Student Educators and Advocates)
The 2009 Campus Life Leadership Awards recognize the year-long achievements of students, faculty, staff and student organizations that positively impact student life and growth at Wayne State University and in the Detroit community.
For additional information on any of the awards or award winners, contact Laura Pechta in the Dean of Students Office at (313) 577-1010.
Wayne State University is a premier institution of higher education offering more than 350 academic programs through 13 schools and colleges to more than 31,000 students.
Contact: Tom Reynolds
Phone: (313) 577-8093