Newly admitted freshmen
- Take a campus tour.
- Walking tours are available Monday-Friday at 10 a.m. and 2 p.m.
- Accept your offer of admission and scholarships.
- Log in to appstatus.wayne.edu with your AccessID and password to let us know you're ready to join the Wayne State family.
- Start checking your WSU email.
- We will be sending you important information about orientation, housing and financial aid.
- Apply for financial aid.
- Apply for private scholarships.
- You can search and apply for private scholarships by March 31 at wayne.edu/scholarships.
- Attend Admitted Student Day.
- Check out on-campus housing.
- Housing applications will be available in February.
- Register for orientation.
- Check out the dates and times and pick one that works for your intended major.
- Learn about placement testing.
- Your ACT scores will be used to place you in the appropriate math, English and biology courses.
- Check out the testing website to learn more about taking placement exams.
- You are encouraged to take them at least two weeks prior to your orientation date.
- Submit your final transcripts.
- Wayne State must have proof of graduation before you can start classes.
- Be sure your transcripts are sent to the Undergraduate Admissions office once you have graduated.
- Last day to complete your FAFSA for WSU grants.
- Finish applications for private scholarships.
- Accept your offer admission to WSU.
- Submit all final high school transcripts.
- Fall tuition due.
- Financial aid payments will disburse in late August.
- Orientation Part II
- Classes begin