WSU Promise Grant
Wayne State University is offering the WSU Promise Grant to incoming freshman and transfer students for the 2014 Fall semester. We want to assist you and your family with the costs of attending WSU as you meet standards of academic excellence and progress towards graduation.
The WSU Promise Grant is awarded to students who demonstrate need, attend full-time, and commit to completing a degree within two to four years.
- New freshmen are eligible for the award for four years.
- New transfer students are eligible for two years.
Award amounts for Fall 2014
You could be eligible for a financial aid package that — together with your estimated family contribution (EFC), a Federal Pell Grant, tuition benefits and other federal and institutional grants — may total $8,000.
File your FAFSA early, as funds are limited, and late applicants will not receive awards.
- Successfully complete the annual Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Your award amount is dependent on your demonstrated financial need, based on your FAFSA.
- If you are offered an award, you must complete any outstanding financial aid eligibility requirements within three weeks of notice.
- Full-time enrollment is a requirement. Your funds will not be applied if you are not enrolled full-time.
This award will be renewed if you meet the following requirements:
- Enroll in and earn at least 24 credits each academic year.
- Meet satisfactory academic progress standards.
- File the annual FAFSA.
- Your award amount is dependent on your demonstrated financial need based on the FAFSA.