SAP status and your semester aid
Spring-summer 2015 financial aid
We will review your winter semester grades in May, in order to determine your spring-summer semester satisfactory academic progress (SAP) status.
If your status is not updated because your grades were not posted, we will continue to review until all grades are in.
- Your SAP status will be posted in Pipeline/Academica.
- If your status is "Tentative SAP - Grade Pending," a preliminary review indicated you will meet requirements.
- Watch your WSU email for more information.
If you have been denied financial aid, you must file a SAP appeal if you want us to reconsider your eligibility.
If you meet SAP standards at the beginning of the semester, you will be eligible for aid.
If you have outstanding grades: Your status will be finalized once all grades have been posted.
One warning semester
If you are not meeting SAP standards, you will be placed in a warning semester status.
- During the warning semester, you may receive aid, but you must improve your academic progress by the end of the semester.
If winter 2015 was your SAP warning semester and you are not meeting SAP standards, you are not eligible for financial aid and must file an SAP appeal for reconsideration.
There is no warning period for students who have exceeded 150 percent of program requirements.
- If you have earned over 150 percent of the credit hours required for your program, you are not eligible for financial aid and must file an SAP appeal for reconsideration.
Probation status and your academic plan
If you had an appeal approved, are on probation and are not meeting SAP standards, we will review your academic plan.
- If we can determine that you are following your academic plan, you will be eligible for financial aid for upcoming semester.
- If we determine you are not following your academic plan, you will be denied financial aid.
- You may file a new appeal if you wish to be considered for aid eligibility.
- If we cannot determine you are following your academic plan, we may request additional information from you.
If you were on probation for winter 2015, but did not enroll in classes:
You do not need to re-appeal. We will review your academic plan.
- If we determine the plan is still valid, we will approve your aid for sping-summer.
- If we determine the plan needs to be updated, we will contact you to submit the necessary academic plan forms. Check Pipeline for outstanding requirements.
Important information about filing an SAP appeal
See your academic advisor now if you need help with your STARS degree audit and plan of work.
- SAP appeals are reviewed on a rolling basis.
- The last day to drop classes with a 100 percent tuition cancelation is listed on the Academic Calendar.
- You remain responsible for all charges incurred.