Changes to your aid
Revisions requested by you
Changing your response
If you accepted or declined a full or partial loan offer in Pipeline and want to change your response, complete the loan revision form and submit it to the Financial Aid Office.
You have the right to cancel all or a portion of the loan and have the canceled funds returned to the lender.
- You must notify the financial aid office in writing within 14 days of the date of the disbursement notice if you want to cancel all or a portion of the loan.
Requesting a review of your eligibility
If you and your family have extenuating circumstances that you believe affect your ability to pay your educational costs, you may request a review of your financial aid eligibility by completing and submitting a Special Circumstances Form.
- The special circumstances form should be submitted after you have filed your FAFSA.
Revisions by the financial aid office
If your eligibility changes, we may be required to make adjustments to your awards.
If it is necessary to revise your award, we will notify you via email to review your awards in Pipeline/Academica. You may also have a message from us in Pipeline under the "My Messages from Financial Aid" link.
Selected for verification? You are required to submit documentation in order for us to confirm your financial aid eligibility.
- Once the verification process is complete, your awards may be revised to reflect your correct eligibility.
- If you fail to complete the verification process will not receive your financial aid funds.
DId you receive aid from another school in the same academic year? Mid-semester or mid-year changes or updates to your FAFSA or your student status may result in eligibility changes.
- If you attended another school and we are notified that there has been a change in your loan or Federal Pell Grant amounts, your award will be reviewed and may be revised.
Non-enrollment or reduction in credit hours
Financial aid awards are based on your regular, full-time enrollment in an eligible degree or certificate program.
- If you enroll less than full time, your financial aid awards may be reduced or canceled.
- If you do not enroll for a semester, aid and loans for that semester will be canceled.
- If you intend to re-enroll within the academic year, you may submit a Loan Revision Form to request a review of your award.
- If you drop or wtihdraw from all classes your aid may be cancelled and you may owe a balance to the the university.
Satisfactory Academic Progress
- You must maintain satisfactory academic progress. Your award is invalid if the Satisfactory Academic Progress standards have not been met.
- If you have extenuating circumstances, you may appeal this decision.
Additional aid from outside sources
- All educational resources (i.e. scholarships, stipends, etc.) that are not listed on the award notification must be reported to the Office of Student Financial Aid.
- You cannot receive financial aid funding above your cost of attendance.
- When additional aid is received after other financial aid awards have disbursed, it may result in the reversal of other aid and leave you with an outstanding balance.