What technology is available for students, faculty and staff?
WSU Pipeline is a secure Internet gateway that provides single access to:
- self-services (Web registration, financial aid status, tuition payment, training registration, etc.)
- computing systems (WSU WebMail, Blackboard, OneCard, etc.) and course tools
WebMail: Wayne Connect
- Wayne State Wayne Connect is a convenient way for WSU students, faculty, and staff to access and manage WSU e-mail. All that’s needed is your WSU AccessID and password and an Internet connection with a Web browser that supports Internet standards such as Firefox, Internet Explorer or Safari.
- WSU WebMail gives students and staff a 30MB e-mail inbox, the ability to send and receive attachments up to 30MB in size, and built-in anti-virus protection.
- Currently, the WSU wireless network is available in most instructional space across the campus.
- The University Libraries provide both open and restricted access computing areas for the entire campus community. These areas include more than 800 computers with a variety of applications in support of student learning. The Undergraduate Library includes an extended hours study center.
- The Blackboard Learning System is a course management system that Wayne State provides to make courses and course materials available on the Web, enhance teaching and learning, and to increase overall communications among students and with faculty.
- The Knowledgebase answers many questions related to WSU services on a daily basis. If an answer is not already in the Kb database, administrators add it so that it can help others. The WSU Knowledgebase is located at: http://kb.wayne.edu
WSU instant messaging
- Wayne State University Instant Messaging (IM) is another way to communicate and collaborate. Faculty, staff and students can easily send and receive real-time messages in a conversational manner and transfer files in a safe and secure setting. You need a valid WSU AccessID to use this IM service.
- ResNet is the residential computer network provided to students and staff living at Wayne
- State University. ResNet lets you connect your personal computer directly to WSU’s computer network and, through the university network, to the Internet.
- A ResNet connection is available for residents in Ghafari Hall, Atchison Hall, The Towers Residential Suites, University Towers, DeRoy Apartments and Chatsworth Tower Apartments.