Transaction processing includes non-purchase order payments initiated via a Special Payment Authorization (SPA) form, Internal Requisition and Inter-Account Bill (IRB) form or Travel Authorization and Expense Report (TAER.
- Ensure that transaction is properly authorized by management.
- Ensure that there is available budget to fund the transaction.
- Validate the target index and related fund-org-acct-program-activity-location (FOAPAL) string.
- Ensure that all transactions are in compliance with policy e.g., APPM.
- Complete the appropriate form accurately and timely.
- Encumber and/or approve the transaction in Banner, as applicable.
- Submit forms, if applicable, to the appropriate department for processing (SPA and TAER to the Disbursements Dept, IRB to the department which provided the service or goods).
- Receive the goods online, if applicable upon receipt of shipment or completion of service.
Timing: As needed
- General Accounting
- Fiscal Operations website, Disbursements link at http://fisops.wayne.edu/disbursements/
- Account Codes and Descriptions, Fund Types, Program Expense Categories job aids at http://fisops.wayne.edu/accounting/index.php
- Administrative Policies and Procedures Manual (APPM) at http://fisopsprocs.wayne.edu/appm/
- Paper forms (SPA, TAER, IRB, etc.) may be obtained in bulk from Central Receiving