Deposit of Cash Receipts and Credit Card Payments
Deposits of cash receipts are data entered into the CashNet system by the S/C/D department rather than the central Cashier's Office. Access to CashNet requires completion of training.
Credit card payments (non-tuition) are handled differently depending on whether the department has a credit card processing machine in-house or not. For further discussion, visit the Cashier's website at http://fisops.wayne.edu/bursar/cashier/emarket.php.
- Accruate completion of a departmental deposit record or sundry remittance form as applicable
- Preparation of the bank deposit slip and related activities
- Timely reconciliation of deposits to ensure accurate recording in department indexes
Timing: As required in compliance with APPM policy deadlines
Contacts: Cashier's Office
- Departmental Deposit Module: Training Guide
- Fiscal Operations website - Bursar Office link at http://fisops.wayne.edu/bursar/ and link to Cashier's Office at http://fisops.wayne.edu/bursar/cashier/index.php
- Administative Policies and Procedures Manual (APPM) at http://fisopsprocs.wayne.edu/appm/
- WSU Departmental Deposit Sundry Remittance Form and various other remittance forms at the forms link on the Cashier's Office website at http://fisops.wayne.edu/bursar/cashier/forms.php