WSU Assessment’s mission is to engage faculty, staff, administrators, and students from academic and co-curricular programs in an effective, sustainable process of continuous program improvement that enhances student learning throughout their time at Wayne State. WSU Assessment encourages stakeholders’ engagement by:
- offering professional development opportunities in program assessment, such as workshops, group and individual consultations, training videos, presentations, and documentation
- disseminating information about program assessment through peer support structures (University, College/School /Division, and Departmental program assessment committees; program assessment coordinators) and online at assessment.wayne.edu
- recognizing individuals and programs for their exemplary progress and scholarly presentations or publications in assessment
- facilitating feedback processes to improve the quality of programs’ assessment plans
Read our AY14-15 annual report to see our progress so far and our plans for improvement.
Program assessment supports students, faculty, and staff by helping programs to:
- Articulate their goals
- Find your program's learning outcomes for 2014-2015 (PDF)
- Measure how well programs are achieving those goals
- Use that information to improve program quality
- Communicate programs' successes effectively
Get started on your assessment plan now using the resources on this site. For example:
- Use the University Assessment plan feedback rubric (MS Word) to compare your assessment plan to best practices.
- See examples of the core components of a complete assessment plan:
- Watch video tutorials to learn how to create or improve each item of an assessment plan and to use Compliance Assist to store your plan.
University program assessment progress
Currently no events