WSU Assessment’s mission is to engage faculty, staff, administrators, and students from academic and co-curricular programs in an effective, sustainable process of continuous program improvement that enhances student learning throughout their time at Wayne State. WSU Assessment encourages stakeholders’ engagement by:
- offering professional development opportunities in program assessment, such as workshops, group and individual consultations, training videos, presentations, and documentation
- disseminating information about program assessment through peer support structures (University, College/School /Division, and Departmental program assessment committees; program assessment coordinators) and online at assessment.wayne.edu
- recognizing individuals and programs for their exemplary progress and scholarly presentations or publications in assessment
- facilitating feedback processes to improve the quality of programs’ assessment plans
Read our AY14-15 annual report to see our progress so far and our plans for improvement.
Program assessment supports students, faculty, and staff by helping programs to:
- Articulate their goals
- Find your program's learning outcomes for 2014-2015 (PDF)
- Measure how well programs are achieving those goals
- Use that information to improve program quality
- Communicate programs' successes effectively
Get started on your assessment plan now using the resources on this site. For example:
- Use the University Assessment plan feedback rubric (MS Word) to compare your assessment plan to best practices.
- See examples of the core components of a complete assessment plan:
- Watch video tutorials to learn how to create or improve each item of an assessment plan and to use Compliance Assist to store your plan.
University program assessment progress