Transferring credits to WSU
Transfer credit evaluation
While we will accept an unlimited number of transfer credits from four-year colleges, a maximum of 90 semester credits can be applied toward your Wayne State degree. We also accept credits from two-year colleges and will apply up to 64 semester credits toward your Wayne State degree. Some academic programs have additional restrictions; contact them individually for details.
Two to three weeks after you have been admitted to WSU, your official transfer credit evaluation will be complete. It can take more time if you have out-of-state or international transcripts. You can view your evaluation on Pipeline under the Student tab through STARS.
- Alpena Community College
- Bay de Noc Community College
- Delta College
- Glen Oaks Community College
- Gogebic Community College
- Grand Rapids Community College
- Henry Ford Community College
- Jackson Community College
- Kalamazoo Valley Community College
- Kellogg Community College
- Kirtland Community College
- Lake Michigan College
- Lansing Community College
- Macomb Community College
- Mid Michigan Community College
- Mohawk Valley Community College
- Monroe County Community College
- Montcalm Community College
- Mott Community College
- Muskegon Community College
- North Central Michigan College
- Northwestern Michigan College
- Oakland Community College
- Schoolcraft College
- Southwestern Michigan College
- St. Clair County Community College
- Washtenaw Community College
- Wayne County Community College District
- West Shore Community College
We want you to make the most of the academic credit you’ve earned at your community college. That’s why Wayne State signed the Michigan Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admissions Officers (MACRAO).
Once you have received the MACRAO certification on your community college transcript or have earned an Associate of Arts (AA), Associate of Liberal Arts (ALA), Associate of Science (AS) or Associate of Baccalaureate Studies (ABS) degree, you will have your Wayne State general education requirements satisfied. This could fulfill a number degree requirements at Wayne State and move you that much closer to earning your bachelor’s degree.
- You will need to satisfy any other school, college or major requirement.
- You will also need to have completed college algebra (or higher) with a minimum of a 2.0 GPA in order to satisfy WSU’s math competency requirement.
Make the most of your time at community college by reviewing our transfer plans and speaking to your advisor about a roadmap to MTA certification.
AP, CLEP and IB credits
A maximum of 32 credit hours may be granted for any combination of AP, CLEP and IB tests.
AP – Advanced Placement
A complete brochure outlining available tests, scores and equivalencies
CLEP – College Level Examination Program
Available tests and equivalencies for each CLEP test