Checklist & deadlines
If you are applying from a country outside of the U.S., please follow these steps:
- Complete the online application.
- Submit copies of all transcripts to:
Office of Undergraduate Admissions
Wayne State University
P.O. Box 02759
Detroit, MI 48202-0759
- Have all official transcripts translated into English by an accredited transcript evaluation agency
- Make sure we also receive the original official transcripts in your native language.
- Provide descriptions of the courses on your transcript so we can give you appropriate transfer credit.
- Submit your signed statement of financial support and supporting bank statement.
- Submit TOEFL and TWE or MELAB and oral scores.
- Provide a signed photograph of yourself (only one is needed).
- Include a photocopy of your current visa documents if you hold a non-immigrant status.
Additional tips to help the process:
- English translations of documents must bear the seal/stamp of the issuing institution.
- Your statement of financial support cannot be older than six months.
- Bank supporting documentation must show the dollar amount equivalent to the financial requirements for undergraduate international students.
- English proficiency tests cannot be more than two years old.
- Checks drawn on foreign banks should carry the notation “Payable in U.S. funds, plus service charges.”
All application materials must be received by the following dates:
- August 1 – fall semester (September-December)
- December 1 – winter semester (January-April)
- April 1 – spring/summer semester (May-August)