WayneDirect is an early admission program for students at Henry Ford Community College, Wayne County Community College District and Macomb Community College who are interested in transferring to Wayne State University to earn a bachelor’s degree. The WayneDirect program provides participating students with opportunities to learn more about Wayne State University’s academic programs, participate in campus activities and utilize university academic resources.
Students are encouraged to apply for WayneDirect early in their college career so they can fully benefit from the program and ensure a smooth transition to Wayne State.
At the completion of the WayneDirect program and the time of transfer to Wayne State, WayneDirect students must have minimum of 50 credits completed (or an associate's degree) and a minimum 2.0 GPA.
WayneDirect students can apply for Wayne State scholarships at the time of transfer to Wayne State.
- WayneDirect does not ensure admission to professional programs or other degree programs with special admission criteria.
- WayneDirect students who complete the program and are interested in applying to a professional program or other degree program with special admission criteria must complete the application process for that particular program.
Benefits of WayneDirect
- Start now with early admission to Wayne State — WayneDirect participants are guaranteed admission to Wayne State, provided they meet program requirements. These requirements must be met upon completion of the program and at the time of transfer to Wayne State. The WayneDirect application is the only application participants need to complete to transfer.
- Become familiar with our campus — Bridge Sessions are informational meetings that help familiarize WayneDirect participants with all of the resources Wayne State has to offer. Participants have direct contact with academic advisors and other key faculty and staff on campus during the sessions.
- Get the most current plan — WayneDirect students will have access to regularly updated transfer plans specific to their intended major. Before enrolling at Wayne State, participants will receive an official transfer credit evaluation to assist in planning for course selection.
- Use Wayne State libraries — The full resources of the library system are available to WayneDirect students to conduct research, prepare papers and use as needed.
- Obtain a Wayne State OneCard (student ID card) — WayneDirect participants will be provided a Wayne State OneCard — a multipurpose identification and debit card. Your OneCard can be used for parking, library services, copying and printing services, and food venues. OneCard holders can also receive discounts at participating local businesses by showing their OneCard at the time of purchase.
- Access more academic resources
- Meet with academic advisors in their academic area of interest.
- Attend Writing Center workshops and presentations.
- Access Wayne State’s Academic Success Center for tutoring and success workshops.
- Utilize Career Services to help with career development through counseling, resume workshops and mock interviews.
- Work out at WSU's recreation and fitness facility — Work out and stay in shape at the Matthaei Physical Education Center. WayneDirect participants can use this athletic facility by showing their OneCard. The athletic complex has basketball and racquetball courts, an open weight room and an Olympic-size swimming pool.
- Attend Wayne State campus events — WayneDirect participants have access to Wayne State student activities and events, where they're able to meet Wayne State students and explore Detroit's cultural and entertainment institutions.
Henry Ford Community College
This program is for Henry Ford Community College (HFCC) students who want to get a head start on earning their bachelor's degree at Wayne State. WayneDirect provides opportunities to learn more about our academic programs and participate in campus events and activities before transferring to the university. Through WayneDirect, you can use academic services that will assist you in your transition to Wayne State and increase your likelihood for success.
Eligible WayneDirect participants include:
- currently enrolled HFCC students
- recent high school graduates who have enrolled in courses at HFCC
Wayne County Community College District
This program is for Wayne County Community College District (WC3D) students who want to get a head start on earning their bachelor's degree at Wayne State. WayneDirect provides opportunities to learn more about our academic programs and participate in campus events and activities before transferring to the university. Through WayneDirect, you can use academic services that will assist you in your transition to Wayne State and increase your likelihood for success.
Eligible participants include any currently enrolled WC3D student.
Note: Wayne County WayneDirect is not a dual or concurrent enrollment program. It is designed to assist students in making a smooth transition to the university by providing them access to academic resources. You must maintain your registration with Wayne County Community College District.
Macomb Community College
This program is for Macomb Community College students who want to get a head start on earning their bachelor's degree from Wayne State. Macomb WayneDirect students have the opportunity to concurrently enroll in classes at WSU while continuing to work toward an associate's degree at Macomb. Students have the advantage of working with faculty and staff from both institutions to make a smooth transition.
Check out our list of programs to review the newest course offerings at these locations.
Eligible participants include:
- currently enrolled Macomb Community College students
- recent high school graduates who have enrolled in courses at Macomb
Note: Concurrently enrolled Macomb WayneDirect participants can also receive financial aid from Wayne State University.
Students interested in applying to WayneDirect must complete and submit the appropriate school-designated application.
Note: There is no application fee for WayneDirect.
What is WayneDirect?
WayneDirect is a program for currently enrolled community college students who are interested in transferring to Wayne State University to earn a bachelor’s degree. The program gives community college students opportunities to learn more about Wayne State University’s academic programs, participate in campus events and activities, and obtain early admission to the university. Through WayneDirect, students have access to special services that will assist them in their transition to Wayne State and increase their likelihood of academic success.
What schools are participating in WayneDirect?
Partners in the WayneDirect program include Wayne County Community College District, Henry Ford Community College and Macomb Community College.
When can I participate in WayneDirect?
WayneDirect is designed for students just starting their college careers, and therefore is only open to those who have earned fewer than 50 total credits at any and all institutions they have attended.
What if I have more than 50 credits of coursework and/or an associate's degree?
Students with more than 50 credits or an associate's degree can apply to Wayne State University as transfer students.
How do I complete the WayneDirect program?
Once you finish 50 total credits of coursework from all institutions you have attended and/or you receive your associate's degree, you can enroll in courses at Wayne State University. WayneDirect participants must submit their final official transcripts to the Office of Undergraduate Admissions.
Can I transfer to Wayne State before I finish the WayneDirect program?
Yes. Students who choose to transfer before completing the WayneDirect program must complete an Undergraduate Admissions Application.
Is there an application fee for WayneDirect?
No. There is no application fee for WayneDirect. If you choose to transfer to Wayne State before you complete the WayneDirect program, you must complete an Undergraduate Admissions Application.
If I participate in WayneDirect, will all of my courses transfer?
Only those courses deemed transferable by Wayne State University will transfer. View the transfer equivalency table and transfer plans for your community college to find out which credits will transfer.
If I participate in WayneDirect and receive my associate's degree, will all of my general education courses be fulfilled?
No. Completing an appropriate associate's degree (or having the MACRAO-stamped transcript) will not guarantee that all general education requirements are fulfilled. You must speak with your academic advisor to determine which general education requirements can be fulfilled for your specific major or program.
If I am a WayneDirect participant, do I need to have my updated transcripts sent to Wayne State at the end of each semester?
If you are a Wayne County Community College District participant, your transcripts are automatically sent to Wayne State University. If you attend any other community college, you must request that your transcripts be sent to the Office of Undergraduate Admissions.
It is only required to have your official transcripts sent with your WayneDirect application.
You can choose to have your school send updated transcripts at the end of each semester to have your transfer credit evaluation updated each term.