Checklist & deadlines
If you are applying from a country outside of the U.S., please follow these steps:
- Complete the online application.
- Submit copies of all transcripts to:
Office of Undergraduate Admissions
Wayne State University
P.O. Box 02759
Detroit, MI 48202-0759
- Have all official transcripts translated into English by an accredited transcript evaluation agency
- Make sure we also receive the original official transcripts in your native language.
- Provide descriptions of the courses on your transcript so we can give you appropriate transfer credit.
- Submit your signed statement of financial support and supporting bank statement.
- Provide proof of citizenship (Ex., passport or signed photograph of yourself).
- Include a photocopy of your current visa documents if you hold a non-immigrant status.
All incoming freshman and transfer students must submit a $50 enrollment deposit along with accepting their admission to secure their place at Wayne State University. The enrollment deposit is nonrefundable after May 1 for freshman and June 1 for transfer students. Students admitted after the above dates should pay their enrollment deposit as soon as possible in order to register for New Student Orientation.
Additional tips to help the process:
- English translations of documents must bear the seal/stamp of the issuing institution.
- Your statement of financial support cannot be older than six months.
- Bank supporting documentation must show the dollar amount equivalent to the financial requirements for undergraduate international students.
- English proficiency tests cannot be more than two years old.
- Checks drawn on foreign banks should carry the notation “Payable in U.S. funds, plus service charges.”
All application materials must be received by the following dates:
- August 1 – fall semester (September-December)
- December 1 – winter semester (January-April)
- April 1 – spring/summer semester (May-August)