Wayne State is a nationally recognized urban center of excellence in research and one of only 10 U.S. public universities in major cities holding the Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching’s designation as an institution with “very high research activity,” as well as the foundation’s most comprehensive classification for community engagement. WSU is among the nation’s top public universities for total research expenditures ($245.8 million) according to the National Science Foundation.
Research, scholarship and creative activity are the foundation of our achievements, offering students a university experience that prepares them for leadership roles as scientists, health professionals, artists, educators, entrepreneurs and more. Through groundbreaking research and hands-on education, Wayne State faculty members transform the lives of our students and the citizens of our community.
- University Research Corridor team wins $2.5 million to improve interactions between parents, teachers and toddlers
- Love at first site? Wayne State receives NSF grant to explore impact of online dating
- Wayne State receives $1.4 million NSF grant to prepare next generation of math teachers in Detroit
- $3 million NSF grant to transform STEM teaching approaches at Wayne State University
- $2.58 million NIH grant to Wayne State aims to improve type 2 diabetes treatment
- Wayne State dedicates new $93 million biosciences center aimed at eliminating health disparities in Detroit