Wayne State is a nationally recognized urban center of excellence in research and one of only 10 U.S. public universities in major cities holding the Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching’s designation as an institution with “very high research activity,” as well as the foundation’s most comprehensive classification for community engagement. WSU is among the nation’s top public universities for total research expenditures ($245.8 million) according to the National Science Foundation.
Research, scholarship and creative activity are the foundation of our achievements, offering students a university experience that prepares them for leadership roles as scientists, health professionals, artists, educators, entrepreneurs and more. Through groundbreaking research and hands-on education, Wayne State faculty members transform the lives of our students and the citizens of our community.
- Wayne State receives $1.7 million grant to advance virtually guided weldability qualification
- Wayne State researcher awarded $1.9M grant to identify memory networks in children
- Wayne State receives $2.2 million HRSA grant to support neurodevelopmental disabilities leadership education
- Wayne State University startup joins ranks of 50 smartest companies
- Wayne State researcher receives NSF grant to improve the quality of imaging and chemical sensing of disease biomarkers
- Wayne State researcher presented innovative findings for neuropsychiatric illnesses using fMRS at Society of Biological Psychiatry meeting